Question for you career mechanics...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLK306 View Post
    For those in the business they can usually find several reasons. Hard to wrap your head around when your not in the business but the fact of the matter is guys do it all the time for various reasons.
    We have workers on our shop floor that have matco/mac boxes and some that have boxes from harbor freight and everything in between. They all get paid the same and they all get the same work done.

I can understand buying the tools... but the $5k for a tool box?
    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
      We have workers on our shop floor that have matco/mac boxes and some that have boxes from harbor freight and everything in between. They all get paid the same and they all get the same work done.

I can understand buying the tools... but the $5k for a tool box?
      That may be the case but I'd be willing to bet that all the guys with the Harbor Freight specials would rather have something else. At least once they begin to accumulate and decent sized tool inventory. Try fitting the blow molded case that hold your test equipment in one of those little things. Or better yet a body man that hose no need for a box with a bunch of skinny drawers. Those guys have big ol vise grips, chains, pulling clamps, hammers, etc. Those guys really like the ability to custom order a tool box with bigger drawers that can hold their tools. Plus technicians are always moving from shop to shop. It does not take too many moves with an overloaded Craftsman box before it starts to tweek and bend which leads to drawers not sliding properly, tops not closing, and wheels falling apart. Like I said there are several reasons and everyone that owns one has their own reason for why they needed it.

Comment

Working...
      X