Question for the car audio guys..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the car audio guys..

Just put in a basic system in my car.. and I want to add a gain/bass control for the amp so I can turn the bass down when the little ones are in the car..

The controller I have is just a knob that turns it up and down and is connected with an rj11 cable to the amp.. Do you think there is a way to splice that cable and hook it into the steering wheel volume controls? since the new radio they dont work anymore anyway..

Just thought it may be a neat idea and keep it kind of clean without adding anything else to the dash.

I have always found those bass knobs useless. I tried using one on a MTX amp a couple years ago and if I had the gains set to where I wanted with the bass knob on high then even on its lowest setting the bass was still there. I ended up taking it out and just using the bass adjustments on the head unit.

Sorry Im no help on the steering wheel controls. Ew would be your best bet on any car audio questions.

Comment

Many new radios have the capability of using the factory steering wheel controls but you have to add a part to make it work. Some knobs are a bass boost and some are a volume control. Boost knob will not turn the bass to zero. I have not seen a factory steering wheel control turned into a remote sub volume control but I suppose anything is possible.

Comment

Working...
      X