Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rut roh, I think I might have a dead cylinder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skinnystangman View Post
    Were on the spray when it happened?
    Pretty sure I was. I did a run with a friend in the car and I thought I felt it running different but it was very vague at the time . Drove ok under normal driving. But a week and a half later when I started it up, I notice I had lost some power. The more I drove it , the worse it got.

Comment

what heads??
      Holley Heads.

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
        fouled plug
        Not making the noise this is making.

if you have a headgasket blown that bad it would be pressurizing the cooling system. If you did a compression test on it and it has zero it is more than likely a valve seized in the guide.
        It almost sounds like it is bleeding off to another cylinder. With the carb off, the intake amplifies the sound of the air escaping the cyclinder. So there is either a hole in the piston or head gasket is blown. I am voting the gasket since I was spraying it. Valves are working properly, took the valve covers off for an inspection

Comment

I have had broken valve spring cause slight misses and sometimes they canbe hard to see if your not looking for it. I guess you could have a head gasket blown in between cylinders.

Comment

Ok, did a compression check. The first cylinder i tested (#4) only has 70 psi. It is blowing the air basically straight out the head into the engine compartment. You can hear the loud hiss with every rotation. The other cylinders are right at 150 psi. (only randomly checked a few)

No need to go any farther. Both head gaskets will be replaced since it will be torn down that low. Thanks for everyone's input.

Comment

Glad it is a Head Gasket and not a hole in a piston. Time for another 5 years of the gas, lol.
              04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
              There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                Ok, did a compression check. The first cylinder i tested (#4) only has 70 psi. It is blowing the air basically straight out the head into the engine compartment. You can hear the loud hiss with every rotation. The other cylinders are right at 150 psi. (only randomly checked a few)

No need to go any farther. Both head gaskets will be replaced since it will be torn down that low. Thanks for everyone's input.
                o ring the heads and up the shot...

Comment

Working...
                X