Aluminum SBC heads - value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminum SBC heads - value?

I've got a set of L98 heads(TPI corvette) that I had on my old truck years ago. When the head gasket blew on the truck, I pulled the engine and sold the body(it was a beater). I had the damaged head(the metal ring from the gasket ate up a little hole in the aluminum) fixed by a local machine shop.

I'm 99.9% sure I'm not going to build another old school SBC and I've had them sitting on the shelf for 5+ years(because I'm lazy). So I have decided to make some room for LS parts.

They're have 58cc chambers, a decent set of springs, and 1.6 roller tip rockers.

In good condition, what are they worth?

Thanks in advance.

You'd probly have a lot better luck asking that on an actual chevy forum.

Comment

Considering a set of new "budget" aluminum heads can be bought for @ $800 I'd say 4-600 range, unless they had good flow charactaristics of they are something rare and special.

Comment

They are worth a little bit to someone trying to restore an 86-91 Vette maybe but other than that they aren't worth a whole lot. If you get offered $400 I'd jump at it. From a performance standpoint they are the worst aluminum heads available for a SBC.

Comment

if they're l98 tpi heads they'll fit on the 3rd gen TPI 350's in the camaros too.

Comment

I did a google search, but came up with conflicting answers, do these heads have the vortec style center intake bolts?

Stevo
            Originally posted by SSMAN
            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Basically the heads that come on the ZZ4 crate engines.

Comment

the best flowing factory heads are the vortecs...id say about 400 is the goin rate
                81 LX
                82 GT

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                  I did a google search, but came up with conflicting answers, do these heads have the vortec style center intake bolts?

Stevo
                  No, they take the old style intake, but center bolt valve covers.

$400-600 was what I was thinking. Just needed to confirm my thoughts before posting them for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                    They are worth a little bit to someone trying to restore an 86-91 Vette maybe but other than that they aren't worth a whole lot. If you get offered $400 I'd jump at it. From a performance standpoint they are the worst aluminum heads available for a SBC.
                    I agree with BP. I haven't looked lately but you used to be able to buy a nice freshly refurbished pair for $500.

Comment

Working...
                    X