Need a Flex light fan for my 94 GMC ASAP!!! Garland area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a Flex light fan for my 94 GMC ASAP!!! Garland area

About to take my truck for a long road trip to Shreveport & just intalled UD Crank Pulley & was thinking this would be a good time to add a light Flex fan Blade (NOT SURE THE CORRECT NAME)

Anyways if anyone has one they dont want! Please PM or call/text me ASAP 214-779-7278
    GOD BLESS TEXAS
    August Landscaping
    214-779-7278
    Seb's high class.
    He'll mow your grass.
    He'll kick your ass.
    And while his kidney stones pass,
    He'll piss in a glass!

I hate those things, a standard viscous clutch fan should be fine and it doesn't sound like an airplane trying to take off all the damn time. a clutch fan will only engage and put extra load on the engine when it needs to. The flex fan is always putting load on the motor which means less power and fuel economy.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
      I hate those things, a standard viscous clutch fan should be fine and it doesn't sound like an airplane trying to take off all the damn time. a clutch fan will only engage and put extra load on the engine when it needs to. The flex fan is always putting load on the motor which means less power and fuel economy.
      Ok! Thanks for the heads up. I really want to put a Electric fan on the truck instead anyways
      GOD BLESS TEXAS
      August Landscaping
      214-779-7278
      Seb's high class.
      He'll mow your grass.
      He'll kick your ass.
      And while his kidney stones pass,
      He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Find a ford car with e fans and instal it.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

I still have a elec. Fan I ain't using. Ill sell it to you still in box.

Comment

I believe the 05 up chevy trucks have gone electric as well, nice low profile dual electric fan setup there if you can find one used.

Comment

As someone who was nearly killed by a flex fan years ago I don't recommend them either. Zero performance gains and they tend to explode at the worst possible time.

Comment

YUP! very dangerous!!!!

they actually hurt fuel mileage and power
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Thankfully I've never seen it first hand or the aftermath, but I've heard stories from several people of them cutting through a hood like a hot knife through butter when they come apart

Comment

they've damn near decapitated people! killed plenty
                    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Working...
                    X