4.6 rebuild cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.6 rebuild cost

What is the typical cost these days to get a 4.6 rebuilt with a presumable burned up cylinder. I guess what is the starting point and what could one assume to have to pay to get this done. I haven't even got the car home to pull the motor to see what all is wrong. Just wanted to get an idea of what to expect; and decide if I want to even mess with fixing it, or buying a used engine from anyone and dropping it in the car.

i would grab the $800 engine whiteboy has.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Also I was smelling burnt oil the 2 weeks before the engine issues. Just didn't have any free time to take a look at it. Any ideas on what could be the culprit?

Comment

just find you a used low mile engine from a grand marquis/town car/crown vic, and swap over your throttle body and pan, probably be able to find one of those cheaper than anyother people are going to sell their "mustang" engine for....

Comment

STOP! Termi time!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
            STOP! Termi time!
            This. So much fun to drive it's ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              This. So much fun to drive it's ridiculous.
              yah, i bet it. I'd like the swap in a 93 cobra.The sn95 is nice too

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                STOP! Termi time!
                Just put a eaton swapped mach 4v in my 01 GT with a auto.

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
                  yah, i bet it. I'd like the swap in a 93 cobra.The sn95 is nice too
                  I can't imagine this setup I have in a Fox. Traction is such a problem with this 98 being lighter than an 03/04, but a even lighter Fox? It would be alot of fun though. If I don't sell this 98 soon, I'm going to stick a KB/Whipple on it to make 700rw and have some fun with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                    Sweet set-up, bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                      I can't imagine this setup I have in a Fox. Traction is such a problem with this 98 being lighter than an 03/04, but a even lighter Fox? It would be alot of fun though. If I don't sell this 98 soon, I'm going to stick a KB/Whipple on it to make 700rw and have some fun with it.
                      Yah, I I'd lightly mod it and go crazy with the suspension. I'm still considering putting the turbo kit on my Exige, 275hp at 2000lbs haha

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                        nice. if you ever want to sell, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
                          nice. if you ever want to sell, let me know.
                          Nope have had this car 3 years its 99% 03 cobra the 1% is the 4r70w auto trans, Has black/black 04 cobra seats,cobra cluster,airbag,steering
                          wheel 03 cobra headliner w/net,lighted cobra sunvisors,exterior is all oem cobra,cobra irs rear,cobra brakes, Getting its repainted in the next couple months

Here's the history of the car since i've had it

2001 Mustang GT 4.6 auto. Shannon (My G/f) found this on craigslist. She really like it and I did too. I really loved my last Zinc Yellow GT...

Comment

Not a blown motor!

Apparently I am the only one to not know these motors like to back the plugs out and blow them out of the head with the coil pack. Got it home saw that is what happened. Reinstalled the plug and coil and started up like a champ!

Comment

Originally posted by 2K2 LS1 View Post
                              Not a blown motor!

Apparently I am the only one to not know these motors like to back the plugs out and blow them out of the head with the coil pack. Got it home saw that is what happened. Reinstalled the plug and coil and started up like a champ!
                              drive it for another 60K miles.

Comment

Working...
                              X