Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil dipstick question

anyone else have this problem??

as soon as i change my oil in the 7qt pan i can read the oil level fine, i pull out the stick clean it and stick it back in to check it again and it reads just fine, i go to start the car and check the oil and nothing, it does not read for shit? anyone had this problem and what can i do to fix it??

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Same... I changed my oil (5 qts Royal) and drove it. came back and let it cool. Shows ADD... I then put in some Lucas Oil stabilizer. It shows barely over ADD! IDK. I checked my undercarriage for leaks with nothing more then some old grime. I also dont have any blue smoke, or any smoke for that matter, comming out the tailpipe.

Comment

yeah me either, no leaks or anything and it still wont read it

Comment

302 right? Mines a 347 with nothing fancy as far as oil pans... Its a stock dipstick too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
          302 right? Mines a 347 with nothing fancy as far as oil pans... Its a stock dipstick too.
          351, i know the dip stick tube was long because at first it would not read it at all, then i cut it down little by little till it read i had a full tank (right after a oil change) i go to start it and check it after and nothing

Comment

I bothers me to no end! I cleaned the lower engine off completely lastnight to look for any leaks. Funny thing is I NEVER have any oil spots on the concrete anywhere I go. This truck s still new to me so I am always looking after its been parked for a bit. It leaks coolant due to a small crack in the radiator.

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
              351, i know the dip stick tube was long because at first it would not read it at all, then i cut it down little by little till it read i had a full tank (right after a oil change) i go to start it and check it after and nothing
              Are you saying it doesn't show on the stick with the engine running, or it doesn't show after you've run the engine shut it off and check it. It's unclear to me exactly in both posts.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                Are you saying it doesn't show on the stick with the engine running, or it doesn't show after you've run the engine shut it off and check it. It's unclear to me exactly in both posts.
                after the engine has stopped running and sat for at least a min

Comment

Just to ask the dumb question, did you put 7 qts in the 7qt pan? I know my 7qt moroso pan, holds a little over 8 qts. Well at least that's how much it takes to get it up to the normal level. Hope this helps.
                  04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
                  There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Working...
                  X