purge kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• purge kits

is there a superior one are all they all the same? what site is priced the best?
    tia

They are all basically the same.

I would stick with a brand name solinoid as I have seen some not want to open with anything over 1000 psi.

Comment

Don't do it! You'll end up purging more than you shoot through the engine, I would be driving along and a stupid honda or something would get beside me and try to race, I would purge a few times and they would just move along, lol.
      Originally posted by Nash B.
      Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Purge it through the engine like all the cool people at the track.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
          Purge it through the engine like all the "stupid motherfuckers" at the track.
          fixed
          pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Purge it through the engine like all the cool people at the track.
            I purge my buick into the engine compartment, but not through the engine. The whole purpose of the purge is to remove vapor from the lines so you get liquid to the solenoid. If you're running a wet kit and hit it with vapor in the line it starts out overly rich until the line clears, this can cause the motor to load up and potentially back fire causing catastrophic damage. I would purge my dry kit into the motor, on my import, but it was only jetted for like 55 hp on a v6.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
              I purge my buick into the engine compartment, but not through the engine.
              I did the same thing for a long time, only because I didn't feel like bending any lines or drilling holes in the car.

Comment

I did the same thing for a long time, only because I didn't feel like bending any lines or drilling holes in the car.

I couldn't find a good way to get it up by the windshield because of the hideaway wipers and the cowl setup. I ran a v-spray nozzle under the front license plate for a while, but by the time it made it all the way from the back of the motor to under the bumper there was just vapor and no liquid so why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
                  Don't do it! You'll end up purging more than you shoot through the engine, I would be driving along and a stupid honda or something would get beside me and try to race, I would purge a few times and they would just move along, lol.
                  lol too late i bought a kit from zex and i had to get it with the green led. i know im going to catch shit from you guys but i just think its cool. now how long will summit take to get this thing to my door. i just ordered

Comment

I've been impressed with the zex stuff. I had their first kit on a Honda years and years ago.

The led is a little over the top but so is shooting a 8 foot cloud of nitrous into the air .

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                      I've been impressed with the zex stuff. I had their first kit on a Honda years and years ago.

The led is a little over the top but so is shooting a 8 foot cloud of nitrous into the air .
                      cool cool. never ran nitrous before. im bringing it out to the cruise. i have to get it in, get it installed, get it tuned, and find some damn 28 in slicks before then.

Comment

well i had the kit installed today and will have it tuned tommorrow. the slicks arent going to be realistic so i'll be running on some wore out 26 in m/t's. hope to have fun with out blowing something up...

Comment

the difference in purge noids is really only the coil winding. Different coils windings draw more amps or less. The more draw the higher the opening psi will be. NX has a purge noid that draws hella amps and will open 1100+ psi. The N.O.S. noid draws less amps and will do good to open at 950. 1000+ it will not open.

Comment

Originally posted by JETFAST View Post
                            the difference in purge noids is really only the coil winding. Different coils windings draw more amps or less. The more draw the higher the opening psi will be. NX has a purge noid that draws hella amps and will open 1100+ psi. The N.O.S. noid draws less amps and will do good to open at 950. 1000+ it will not open.
                            yeah i bought the nx kit and got to drive the car today. fact- nitrous is fun.

Comment

Working...
                            X