Picked up a steeda Tri-ax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up a steeda Tri-ax

Installing it this weekend. Im gonna go ahead and change the tranny fluid with royal purple synchromax as well. Anybody have any advice for the install/ fluid change?
    2012 GT500

lefty loosy righty tighty.
    95 Rio Red Cobra#3881

http://www.bborr.com/2013/2013results.html#115

Comment

drain oil, fill oil. install shifter.
      2006 Civic SI
      2009 Pilot
      1988 GT
      CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

put the oil in where the shifter goes. Don't even dick around with the fill plug on the tranny underneath the car...

Comment

Jesus, do you make a thread every time you install something. Things are pretty easy. Remove and reinstall. Not rocket surgery or anything....

Comment

It can be advised to use sealant on the base of the shifter to prevent leaks. Also make sure to check your stop bolts on the new shifter.

If the t45 is like the t5, make sure the plastic bushing is still on the shift rod, if it's loose or came out just put black RTV and set it in place.

To check for correct fill level, remove the fill plug on the trans and the oil should drip out.

Remember the transmission casing is made of aluminum and do not over tightened the bolts, and use 242 blue thread locker.

That's what I do atleast.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Follow all written instructions.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
                Not rocket surgery or anything....
                Or you mean rocket science?

Comment

Originally posted by sosoe View Post
                  Or you mean rocket science?
                  i meant what I said....... Its a GWB comment...............

Comment

mike pretty well walked you through it, pull drain plug, remove shifter while it finishes draining, install drain and remove fill plug(leave pan under car), pour new fluid into trans through shifter hole until it starts to come out of fill plug, install fill plug, install shifter, set shifter stops according to instructions(if you don't have them get on steeda's site and look it up).

If it's like the tri-ax that was in my Tko when I bought my car have fun getting used to shifting into 3rd again. The centering springs in mine were so strong that I had to remind myself to push straight forward from second gear because the shifter would naturally push it over for 3rd. If I shifted it like I normally would and push up and over, I'd stick it between 3rd and 5th everytime. Like hitting a brick wall.

Comment

i meant what I said....... Its a GWB comment...............
                      He meant "rocket surgery" dammit! I do rocket surgery on the side.
                      --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Jesus, do you make a thread every time you install something. Things are pretty easy. Remove and reinstall. Not rocket surgery or anything....
                        Yeah. But I just check to make sure there isn't a way to do it easier and more efficently. Ex: ^ I never would have known to fill through the shifter, or about the plastic bushing. This thread has accomplished it's purpose IMO.
                        2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                          Yeah. But I just check to make sure there isn't a way to do it easier and more efficently. Ex: ^ I never would have known to fill through the shifter, or about the plastic bushing. This thread has accomplished it's purpose IMO.
                          About as much as your blower thread where you ended up with the wrong head unit.

Comment

You need to drop the transmission to make sure it's done correctly.
                            Remove exhaust, cross member, wiring, bell bolts, out she comes!
                            Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

About as much as your blower thread where you ended up with the wrong head unit.
                              If I would have asked about the head unit, I woulda been fine lol.

It's alright anyway. I ended up with what I paid for it, and a good friend is ending up with one bad car too.
                              2012 GT500

Comment

Working...
                              X