No announcement yet.

331 stroker. Cam help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

building a similar DSS 331 Level 20 block but with Holley Systemax, Twisted Wedge heads and 1.6 rockers and putting the Anderson N-71 cam in.....

Comment

Originally posted by 4-timer View Post
      building a similar DSS 331 Level 20 block but with Holley Systemax, Twisted Wedge heads and 1.6 rockers and putting the Anderson N-71 cam in.....
      Would love to hear your results when you finish. Really curious on your thoughts on that intake as well. What made you decide on it?

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB-v1.0.0b5.1.1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
        What is your setup. I hate to hijack the thread, but that get me excited. If you'd pm me what you are running I'd appreciate it. Thanks man.

And to the OP, I'm sure comp makes something for you. If you talk to 100 different people you'll probably get 100 different reccomendations.
        Nothing fancy, just off the shelf parts

347 short block 11:1
        pro comp 230cc heads flow just under 300 intake 206 exhaust at .600
        anderson n-91 cam
        1.7 rockers
        victor jr lower intake, spyder upper
        accufab 90 mm tb
        4'' cai
        dbx 97mm mass air
        bbk 1 3/4 lt's with 2 1/2 out the back

Dyno was done with 10 degrees base timing on a stock t4m0 95 gt computer. was having smoking problems, turns out my inner valve springs had pulled all the seals off the guide. Heads are getting ready to be pulled, for a little more port work on the exhaust side, matching up the lower intake, and fixing the seal problem. Once its all back together, it should make close to 450 rwhp and 400 rwtq.

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
          you should contact ShaunT (forgot his screen name on this site) and talk to him about a cam
          ShaunT is his screen name.... Good guy, knows his shit!

Comment

Originally posted by nv40 View Post
            Would love to hear your results when you finish. Really curious on your thoughts on that intake as well. What made you decide on it?

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB-v1.0.0b5.1.1 using Tapatalk
            the intake, heads and related parts are coming off a DSS 306 which finally split after 8 years of nitrous passes - went with that combo then after talking to Rick Anderson and hearing their results.... decided to go with a 331 this time and take advantage of the extra displacement and better machining....

Comment

Working...
            X