No announcement yet.

snap on tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've bought some of the napa stuff and it's been pretty fair. Before autozone did duralast they had greatneck. I gave like $20 bucks for a 3/8" set of short and deep metric sockets in 8mm to 19mm. I've been using them at home for better than 10 years and have yet to break or wear one out, but I don't use them everyday like my snap on stuff at work. I've broke a bunch of sockets and worn a bunch out over the years I've been doing it. I've never broken one of their wrenches, and there is a difference in quality of a good wrench as far a how it holds and trying to round a bolt or nut.

Comment

Originally posted by StanleyTweedle View Post
      This is also a good point. Many of us shade tree mechanics might want to stay away from snap on for that reason. How often does the snap on truck come by your house? And where is the local snap on shop to exchange the broken tools? Sears and autozone are right around the corner.
      I would never by vatozone tools. I would break those shits so fast. If it works for you, alright. I'd rather look on the beer fridge and call one of the four tool trucks that service my area. You might have to meet them somewhere the first time, but after you spend some money with them, they'll come to your house. I've had $400 in free tools and repairs already this year, and they came to me. I'm a shade tree/hobbyist and they still help me out.

I have 50% craftsman, 25% Matco, 25% snap on/bluepoint

Comment

Working...
      X