snap on tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snap on tools

When I used to tech for a living I always had the best luck with them.

I've slowly been replacing my craftsman stuff.as it breaks.

I need a few.things, but I don't have a local dealer.

I normally purchased things as they where on sale. The online site never has specials

cool.
    Big Rooster Racing
    1985 Mustang GT

Comment

Stupid phone.

Is there any other way to see what sales are going on? Or am I stuck to eBay and Craigslist

Comment

You could just buy the franchise in your area and become the tool dealer for there. They're not a lot to get into, and aren't you on a farm in Iowa anyway? You could just drop your cards off at all the local farms, feed stores, coffee shops, and banks, and let them call you. You wouldn't even need to drive around all the time. Then, FREE TOOLS!
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I just moved from Iowa to Kansas.

There is also no way in hell I'd be a franchise owner. I spend all my time now farming,restoring my new home, and side work fixing cars.

Comment

Only thing I know is to check the website for the closest dealer to you. Even if you have to do it by phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
              I just moved from Iowa to Kansas.

There is also no way in hell I'd be a franchise owner. I spend all my time now farming,restoring my new home, and side work fixing cars.
              Unless there's a minimum sales requirement, and the franchise fee isn't exhorbitant, why not franchise and make use of the free tools? Throw your card out there when you can, and let the business come to you.

Seriously, if there isn't already a rep in the area, it's free money with little time invested.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                Unless there's a minimum sales requirement, and the franchise fee isn't exhorbitant, why not franchise and make use of the free tools? Throw your card out there when you can, and let the business come to you.

Seriously, if there isn't already a rep in the area, it's free money with little time invested.
                I think they're around $20k to get into, though.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I would call up snap on or check their website to see if there is a rep in the area. You can also try and find a shop in your area and see if they know of any tool dealers in the area.
                  Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting “Holy shit, what a ride!”

Comment

Pawn shops. You can haggle them down on snap on. Snap on seem to break less, but they drastically overcharge for their more durable tools. Here's proof. They bought out a staple gun/nail gun making company that my grandfather always used to buy staple guns and other guns for his church interior business. He used to pay $130 per gun from the original company, before they were bought out by snap on. Now that snap on owns them, the exact same guns runs $450. The guns were not changed in the slightest, because their quality was already up to snap on's higher standards. So now since the gun is red and black instead of peach colored, its worth a shit ton more money according to snap on. I have no reason to think they don't do the exact same with every last tool they sell. Yeah, they're higher quality. But is it worth 5x the price?

I think there are other tool companies out there that are probly just as good as snap on without the absurd prices.

Comment

I've been doing auto repair as a profession for 14 years this month. I've primarily bought Snapon since they've continually serviced our area. I've seen matco come and go, cornwell, and mac also. I will buy some of the specialty and generic tools from other brand dealers, but pretty well only use snapon for my hand tools and such. For me they've always been dependable.

As far as getting any good sale deals, there haven't really been many since I've been in it. I usually try to pick up repo's or tradeins when I can as they'll usually be 50% of retail. I have bought some from ebay also with general savings of 25-50%.

Comment

I'm too poor to even be reading this thread.
                        04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
                        There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Built to last......duralast

Sockets ratchets and wrenches I buy from autozone. Decent quality and there is always an autozone close by to exchange broken for new (lifetime warranty) with that said I've never broken one of the duralast tools yet

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RuStYpNuS View Post
                            Built to last......duralast

Sockets ratchets and wrenches I buy from autozone. Decent quality and there is always an autozone close by to exchange broken for new (lifetime warranty) with that said I've never broken one of the duralast tools yet
                            This is also a good point. Many of us shade tree mechanics might want to stay away from snap on for that reason. How often does the snap on truck come by your house? And where is the local snap on shop to exchange the broken tools? Sears and autozone are right around the corner.

Comment

They might be for you.

The closest Sears,Wal-Mart,autozone is a hour or more one way.

I do have a napa, but I just prefer better made tools. I'm not going to pay truck prices. Looks like eBay is going to be my option .

Comment

Working...
                              X