LS-Coupe goes boom :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
    Transmission is awesome, I had no idea how bad the previous one was. Tune was way off before, a bunch of reflashes and id say it's about 99% now. Had to make a few WOT runs in dville and I'll be honest, car feels wicked fast now. Can't wait to see what she does at the cruise, I'm too old for the street (heart is still pounding!)
    Sounds like bad news for me when we line them up at the cruise, but congrats on getting it running right!
    Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
    Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
      Sounds like bad news for me when we line them up at the cruise, but congrats on getting it running right!
      Don't be so sure of that, just because it feels fast to me doesn't mean the timers will agree! It's been a while since I've had a fast car so my seat of the pant's meter, combined with making multiple WOT blast through dville at 11pm on a quiet Thursday might have been playing tricks on my perception of speed. My buddy who was helping me tune it thought it was running pretty damn good too though. We will know more tomorrow.

On a side note this converter is awesome so far, I think the old converter was just incredibly loose, even if I might be leaving a little et/mph on the table going to a tighter converter it makes the car feel so much more streetable.

Comment

I'm assuming you will be running on spray?
        Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
        Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
          I'm assuming you will be running on spray?
          nope, motor only for now, i do plan to squeeze a 100-150 shot in the future though.

Comment

7.40's your first pass and you will be knocking on 7.00 when you get the launch sorted out....

Comment

Just got my trans back from Mikes last week, cant wait to try it out. Who's doing the tuning on your car?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Originally posted by Slo_Stng View Post
                Just got my trans back from Mikes last week, cant wait to try it out. Who's doing the tuning on your car?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                A buddy of mine, the only issue we have with the tune right now is due to the PCM getting no VSS signal. So we had to set the tune to a long idle decay after rolling off the throttle which can cause the throttle to take a while to settle back down, the only other option was to leave it as is and the car would just die if you came to a quick stop. The car always thinks it is going 0mph so as you are slowing down the IAC keeps lowering the counts not understanding that the reason the car is not idling is because the trans is still spinning it. I bought the Dakota Digital pass through speedo sender for th350 which should allow me to keep the PCM happy and allow me to continue mechanically driving my autometer speedo. After that we are going to work on doing a speed density tune on it.

Comment

Working...
                X