Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FMS AC Delete - Anyone had to shim this thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMS AC Delete - Anyone had to shim this thing?

Running the A/C delete (moves the PS up to the head), and the PS Pump has just enough of a bad angle that it tears up a belt.

Anyone else put one of these on before & have a similar issue? It was NIB when I got it.

Pushrod windsor.
    Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

That's strange.

I didn't have any problems with mine on my 90 GT 5.0.

I have a serp setup on my 351w in my 68 but I went a different route with that.

Are all your other accessories from a fox?
    68 Coupe- 351w, TFS heads, Comp XE284, 5 speed, Explorer 8.8, 4 Wheel Discs
    63 Fairlane

Originally posted by forbes
    i call 1911 first then 911

Comment

I didn't. Is it possible that you got a couple of the bolts mixed up and one bottomed out before it lined everything up right?

Comment

Originally posted by 351Coupe View Post
        That's strange.

I didn't have any problems with mine on my 90 GT 5.0.

I have a serp setup on my 351w in my 68 but I went a different route with that.

Are all your other accessories from a fox?
        Yep. Timing cover, Alt, PS frame. The PS pump itself is from a 2000 PS Diesel, just because it has dual returns (running hydroboost).
        (a ha moment)

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
        I didn't. Is it possible that you got a couple of the bolts mixed up and one bottomed out before it lined everything up right?
        Perhaps. I can remove & reinstall to see if that changes anything.
        Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Mine went on fine. I would imagine that using anything non-standard could affect the line up....

Comment

Working...
          X