No announcement yet.

differences in oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a solid flat tappet engine with 4 years of racing on it and the cam still looks really good. All I've ever used is Valvoline Racing 20-50. YMMV

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
      I've got a solid flat tappet engine with 4 years of racing on it and the cam still looks really good. All I've ever used is Valvoline Racing 20-50. YMMV
      your cam and lifters was broken in 4 years ago, before the zinc was taken out. Probably tough to do that now.
      pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

I could be mistaken, but I thought I remember seeing about a year ago on Shell's website that Rotella had something like 1200 ppm Zinc in it still. I was looking for a good oil with zinc in it when I put did my heads/cam swap in my 351.

Just to be safe I also use the STP oil treatment in the blue bottle, it says on the front of it that it contains ZDDP.
        68 Coupe- 351w, TFS heads, Comp XE284, 5 speed, Explorer 8.8, 4 Wheel Discs
        63 Fairlane

Originally posted by forbes
        i call 1911 first then 911

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
          your cam and lifters was broken in 4 years ago, before the zinc was taken out. Probably tough to do that now.
          I really didn't want to hear that. On the hunt for high zinc break in oils I go...

Comment

I understand the oil theory fully so i'm not going to mess around with that, but whoever thought oil was thicker when heated is

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
              I really didn't want to hear that. On the hunt for high zinc break in oils I go...
              Joe Gibbs, Brad Penn...
              pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Go to any GM dealership and get a can of EOS for your break in suppliment.
                Do not run it too long!

Comment

Working...
                X