Fox body shock preference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox body shock preference

I'm looking at getting a set of Tokico HP (blue) or Koni STR.T Street struts/shocks for my '93 GT. I'd appreciate opinions on each.... Cost for both is equal.....

avoid tokico's their quality is absolute shit now and it takes 12 months for you to get them replaced under warranty

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman85turbo View Post
      avoid tokico's their quality is absolute shit now and it takes 12 months for you to get them replaced under warranty
      I've heard this way to many times to count.

Comment

I've put Koni's on several different cars and was always pleased. My '95 has Bilsteins and I have no complaints.

Comment

Save up some bucks and get Koni yellows.

Comment

My Tokico HPs are great. Probably been 4 years since I put them on and they've been flawless.

Comment

I had the Tokico HPs on my 92 vert for 3 years with Pro-Kit springs and they were pretty good as a slight upgrade to stock struts/shocks (I eventually swapped everything out for the Maximum Road & Track combo).

Comment

Originally posted by 92redragtop View Post
                I had the Tokico HPs on my 92 vert for 3 years with Pro-Kit springs and they were pretty good as a slight upgrade to stock struts/shocks (I eventually swapped everything out for the Maximum Road & Track combo).
                Exactly. They aren't Bilsteins or Koni yellows but they are the best of the lower level shocks by far.

Comment

Don't skimp... Get the Koni Yellows....

Comment

I have the qa1's all the way around. They are pretty good shocks. A little pricey though.
                    04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
                    There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

What springs are you running? In my experience there's nothing wrong with Tokicos if you buy the right dampers for the application. Blues are for stock or near stock spring rates. If you try to run blues with stiff springs then yes they will wear out in a hurry. I've run blues and Illuminas on a bunch of different cars and only had trouble when I ran stiff coilovers with the Illuminas.
                      Bilsteins ride the best of the ones I have run and are great if you don't need adjustability.
                      For more aggressive or race oriented applications where adjutability is required Konis are great.
                      Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                      Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

i run lakewood. i like them.
                        1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

I've got the FRPP B springs..... I appreciate the information everyone has shared....

Comment

I have the Tokico HP's also and I can't complain. They are a bit harsher than stock, but isn't more performance what we're all looking for?

sent from htc EVO, the iCrap killer.
                            --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Oh, and I use the "C" springs so that could be where the harshness comes from.

sent from htc EVO, the iCrap killer.
                              --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X