I'm gonna get laughed at for this one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
    380 isn't bad, I'd do that deal and still have a supercharged cobra. Or sell it and buy another that is reverse rotation.

Gotta love the modular motors needing the centri chargers mounted backwards lol.
    I'm thinking it might easier and cheaper to pay $400 for the impeller and scroll.
    2012 GT500

Comment

You should have bought a complete kit, when you piece things together it usually costs more in the end...

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
        You should have bought a complete kit, when you piece things together it usually costs more in the end...
        Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
          Agreed.
          I got the head unit for dirt cheap. With mostly new parts I was looking at 2k including the Dyno tune. It's hard to find a complete kit for 1700.
          2012 GT500

Comment

i've seen complete kit's advertised for 2k, usually they'll come off the price a little and you don't have to do all the digging and looking for the extra pieces. Once you start bolting stuff on and realize you need a new bolt in a specific metric thread and length, and all the other little bs stuff that comes up you may with you spent a few hundred more.

I asked if it was reverse rotation before because the bracket it was mounted to looked nothing like any of the mod motor blower brackets I've seen before, also the discharge had a goofy angle from what I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
              i've seen complete kit's advertised for 2k, usually they'll come off the price a little and you don't have to do all the digging and looking for the extra pieces. Once you start bolting stuff on and realize you need a new bolt in a specific metric thread and length, and all the other little bs stuff that comes up you may with you spent a few hundred more.

I asked if it was reverse rotation before because the bracket it was mounted to looked nothing like any of the mod motor blower brackets I've seen before, also the discharge had a goofy angle from what I've seen.

The discharge angle is different?
              2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                The discharge angle is different?
                The discharge is the outlet from the blower that would go to the intercooler or throttle body. It looked to be at a different angle from what I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                  The discharge is the outlet from the blower that would go to the intercooler or throttle body. It looked to be at a different angle from what I've seen.
                  the discharge outlet can be clocked to any degree from the main body of the blower.
                  Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                  90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                    I got the head unit for dirt cheap. With mostly new parts I was looking at 2k including the Dyno tune. It's hard to find a complete kit for 1700.
                    You will see, all that little shit will nickel and dime you to death.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCoupeRedVert View Post
                      the discharge outlet can be clocked to any degree from the main body of the blower.
                      I understand this, but given the more common locations I've seen I'm just saying that it didn't look familiar, the reason for my first post to make sure it was Reverse Rotation. Didn't want to see him spend a bunch of money on additional parts to find that he wasn't any further ahead and had his transportation torn apart.

Comment

Sucks man. Good luck getting everything you need to make it work.

Comment

That suxs. Agreed with above buying the whole kit is usually much easier
                          99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
                          going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

geez you bought a blower and didnt even check to see if it as the right one? quit while your ahead. Your gonna need about 4K to get it done right.

Comment

Why not just call Todd at superchargerrebuilds.com like the guy did in the forum I posted. I bet he can get you on the right track.

Comment

Working...
                              X