late model restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• late model restoration

Any body ever used any of their replacement nose pieces? How did it fit? Thanks

For a foxbody...

Comment

i used both a front bumper and a hood and they did not fit like stock. they left a big gap between the nose and the hood

Originally posted by DOHCTR
      You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Yup. I returned a bumper last week to them that didn't fit for shit. I found an old Ford one on cl for a bill. Have to scratch and shoot but it fits perfect.

Comment

Damn, i bought one a year ago and have yet to put it on.

Comment

I have one on my 92 LX, it fits great. Is yours an LX or a GT? I had to do a little sanding on the edges, but all the lines lined up great, even the hood to bumper gap. They had 2 versions, a cheap one and an expensive one. Mines the expensive one.

Comment

It is going to be after market and it usually never fits worth a damn. Sometimes its not to bad just depends
              99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
              going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Originally posted by redrocket5.0 View Post
                Damn, i bought one a year ago and have yet to put it on.
                waits for "bought a part from LMR last year and they wont return my money" thread
                .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by Oreos_stang3 View Post
                  It is going to be after market and it usually never fits worth a damn. Sometimes its not to bad just depends
                  I usually agree with this statement. I don't know if I got lucky, or their parts are actually decent. I have aftermarket inner fenders, core support, and bumper, all from Late Model Resto. The hood is from an 89, and the fenders are from a 91. It all lines up great, even after having the frame rails straightened.

If new OEM had been available, I NEVER would have bought after market. With these cars getting older, sometimes we have to roll the dice on these parts. I do remember having to trim some OEM bumper covers to fit, though.

Heres a pic of all the parts installed;

Mustang
                  Last edited by Rotortrash; 05-10-2011, 10:27 AM.

Comment

^^^ That looks outstanding. Most of the parts on the front end depend upon proper core support alignment. If the support is not straight, something else usually suffers in the alignment department.

Comment

i bought one from dallas mustang a while back and it fit perfect.... paid a little more but it fit....

damn it i miss this car!!

Comment

Originally posted by joes01bullitt View Post
                        i bought one from dallas mustang a while back and it fit perfect.... paid a little more but it fit....

damn it i miss this car!!

They didn't ship it the right color though.....

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                          They didn't ship it the right color though.....
                          haha

i had just finished spraying the primer earlier that day...

Comment

Working...
                          X