Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Texas, how many incomplete monitors to pass inspection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Texas, how many incomplete monitors to pass inspection?

Is it two?

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
    Is it two?
    If its 01 or older. 01 or newer is only 1

Comment

Is it two?
      96-01 is 2 02 and newer is 1

Comment

Originally posted by Your Name Here View Post
        If its 01 or older. 01 or newer is only 1
        damn you

Comment

Thanks guys. I just reset the codes yesterday after replacing the air check valve. It is a 2008 pontiac grand prix. Still have 2 incompletes, so they should be cleared up with in a day or so.

Comment

for us, it can be all of them. I love being in a non containment area

Comment

Im a sertified vehicle inspector for the state. It is only 1 for 2001 and newer. 1996 to 2001 is only 2. The state made this change about year and a half ago.

Comment

Now some GMs do take 200 miles and they do have a cool down period Weird i know.

Comment

Originally posted by 89ghost View Post
                  Now some GMs do take 200 miles and they do have a cool down period Weird i know.
                  Yeah, I have pretty well figured out this car takes at least 60 miles and two cold starts over two days to get all but one monitor to the "ok" level. I am down to just the Evap monitor now. Not sure how long that takes to clear, but either way it should pass now.

Comment

evap usually requires some sitting time and a bunch of parameters. Like it has to be between 1/4 and 3/4 tank, within certain temp ranges, has to sit for "x" amount of time and so forth. That one is a bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                      evap usually requires some sitting time and a bunch of parameters. Like it has to be between 1/4 and 3/4 tank, within certain temp ranges, has to sit for "x" amount of time and so forth. That one is a bitch.

They just failed it again with one monitor incomplete. WTF? The evap. I thought you could have one incomplete? Does anyone have a link that states this under the texas inspection laws?

Comment

I went up there to talk to the guy. He was nice about it. But instead of hooking back up to the state inspection machine, the dip stick is using a scanner to save time. We will be taking it back in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by 89ghost View Post
                          Im a sertified vehicle inspector for the state. It is only 1 for 2001 and newer. 1996 to 2001 is only 2. The state made this change about year and a half ago.
                          that doesnt make sense. you are saying 01 is 2 incompletes on one statement, then on the next statement you said 01 is 1 incomplete. But his is an 08 so it doesnt matter.

and SSman if they give you a print out on why it failed I can give you a number to call to complain. But if there are no codes and 1 incomplete it will pass.

Comment

I went up there to talk to the guy. He was nice about it. But instead of hooking back up to the state inspection machine, the dip stick is using a scanner to save time. We will be taking it back in the morning.
                            In the morning when its cold go drive 6 miles at 35 mph on the speedo and then 6 miles at 65 mph you have to be exact on the speed but you can do 5-8 miles and usually that will get the incompletes to go through the drive cycle.

Comment

Will it fail for a pending code? I can't remember

Comment

Working...
                              X