Should I get a tune?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I get a tune?

I am getting my bbk lontubes and bbk catted H pipe along with the O2 extension on my 04 gt and i am wondering if i need to have it tuned before sat because i am taking it out for the laps for charity. If i dont make it in time for a tune do you think it will be fine? I do plan on tuning it though and soon!

Thanks

no

Comment

If it's a catted H pipe and all 4 02s are hooked up and working, then you don't need a tune for anything. If it was an o/r H, then you would need the downstreams turned off in a tune or run simulators.

Comment

thanks guys, i was just scared it would lean it out and start messing things up. i guess if the computer is thrown off because it does not have censors on it than it could take the risk of leaning out.

Comment

you will be good if you have all the stock sensors hooked up.
          Big Rooster Racing
          1985 Mustang GT

Comment

Originally posted by hollars04 View Post
            thanks guys, i was just scared it would lean it out and start messing things up. i guess if the computer is thrown off because it does not have censors on it than it could take the risk of leaning out.
            the upstreams are necessary for closed loop a/f ratio. the downstreams only detect cat failure. they have no effect on the a/f. just fyi.

Comment

ok cool, i honestly wasn't real sure on that, still learning more on this thing haha.

Comment

Working...
              X