Rear Shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
    We've been hundreds of 1.20's on strange shocks, there's nothing wrong with them. Yes, they are cheaper than QA1's - but QA1's are billet aluminum for starters, and I believe they have heim ends on them as well.

I don't think that an adjustable shock is the answer, but a new set of shocks are a step in the right direction and likely your problem. I'd also look into torn up torque boxes, a VERY possible problem on a high mileage stocker.
    I liked my Strange struts. I had Lakewoods on the back. The car was originally a four banger and he hasn't raced it so boxes should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
      We've been hundreds of 1.20's on strange shocks, there's nothing wrong with them. Yes, they are cheaper than QA1's - but QA1's are billet aluminum for starters, and I believe they have heim ends on them as well.

I don't think that an adjustable shock is the answer, but a new set of shocks are a step in the right direction and likely your problem. I'd also look into torn up torque boxes, a VERY possible problem on a high mileage stocker.
      Thanks brooks, but the torque boxes are fine haven't been to the track and haven't really beat on it to much and it was a 4cyl car till about 6 months ago!
      Last edited by 80coupe; 05-05-2011, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Can you run quad's?
        Two in the pink and one in the stink

Comment

Originally posted by jetboat View Post
          Can you run quad's?
          no!

Comment

I just bought a set of upper and lower bbk control arms for 130.00 on ebay they also came with 2 used eibach air bags...anyone have any experience with the air bags or the bbks? I thought it was a good deal, bbks are brand new in box...and how do the bags work? I know they go in the springs but how do they help?
            Big Rooster Racing
            85' Coupe
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by carbd89sleeper View Post
              I just bought a set of upper and lower bbk control arms for 130.00 on ebay they also came with 2 used eibach air bags...anyone have any experience with the air bags or the bbks? I thought it was a good deal, bbks are brand new in box...and how do the bags work? I know they go in the springs but how do they help?
              When pumped up they make the spring harder to compress and also adjustable with pressure . Most of the time they are used on the passenger side to help the car launch flat .
              Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Originally posted by dumpycapri85 View Post
                When pumped up they make the spring harder to compress and also adjustable with pressure . Most of the time they are used on the passenger side to help the car launch flat .
                Cool, got it. Do they work on stock springs or just eibach?
                Big Rooster Racing
                85' Coupe
                sigpic

Comment

Cool, got it. Do they work on stock springs or just eibach?
                  springs are springs they should be all the same!

Comment

That's what I was thinkin....looks like 130 well spent..
                    Big Rooster Racing
                    85' Coupe
                    sigpic

Comment

Don't use both bags though. Put one in the passanger side and sell the other to 80coupe.

Also they don't need much air. Maybe 15psi or so to start
                      89 dove grey lx, turbo blowthrough

Comment

Originally posted by turbos66coupe View Post
                        Don't use both bags though. Put one in the passanger side and sell the other to 80coupe.

Also they don't need much air. Maybe 15psi or so to start
                        lol i think ill just buy some shocks before i mess with that bull crap!

Comment

The bags do work but I would only use it at the track . Ruff road driving with the bag full could pop it .
                          Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Originally posted by dumpycapri85 View Post
                            The bags do work but I would only use it at the track . Ruff road driving with the bag full could pop it .
                            Can you just deflate it when your on the streets?
                            Big Rooster Racing
                            85' Coupe
                            sigpic

Comment

Can you just deflate it when your on the streets?
                              Yea , thats what I was talking about .
                              Big Rooster Racing

Comment

lol at Strange shocks being junk, I've heard they are pretty damn good. SO good in fact, that I have people telling me to sell my QA1's and buy strange.
                                Vortex rear stand $75
                                8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                                My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                                but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                                11 4 door
                                13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Working...
                                X