Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Your Name Here View Post
    pinion angle
    im gonna have to say no only because it doesn't sit any different then the other one did but then again i could be wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
      No.
      solution?

Comment

Originally posted by Magnimike1 View Post
        solution?
        I have no idea. It seems that he may be on the right track by getting better shocks. Of course, quad shocks may also help.

The differential weight is merely there for NVH reasons (it manipulates the resonant frequency) and does a poor job at that, even with a 100% stock Mustang.

Comment

When I blew out the passenger rear shock on my capri it caused wheel hop . Get a new set clint and I bet it fixes it .
          Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Originally posted by dumpycapri85 View Post
            When I blew out the passenger rear shock on my capri it caused wheel hop . Get a new set clint and I bet it fixes it .
            lol i know i just wanted some idea what shocks people have used or whats good! but i think im going with lakewood 50/50s
            Last edited by 80coupe; 05-04-2011, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Strange shocks are good and not to much. What control arms did you install?
              89 dove grey lx, turbo blowthrough

Comment

Originally posted by turbos66coupe View Post
                tubular late models

Comment

I just put some Strange 10-way adjustable ones on mine front and back. I haven't played with the settings too much just yet, but I like the adjustability...

Comment

Shocks will probably help especially if they are worn, or leaking. When you tightened the arms were they loaded. If not you may have the bushings in a bind. Try loosening them and bouncing the car a few times and retighten the arms.
                    89 dove grey lx, turbo blowthrough

Comment

Shocks will probably help especially if they are worn, or leaking. When you tightened the arms were they loaded. If not you may have the bushings in a bind. Try loosening them and bouncing the car a few times and retighten the arms.
                      yea i did made sure the they had a load on them. im just gonna throw some shocks on it before i start messing with anythings else i don't want to get to far head of myself and mess something else up!

Comment

the strange adjustables suck, i hated mine.

Comment

I run lakewood 50/50. I like them.
                          1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

Just out of curiosity, what didn't you like about them?

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
                            the strange adjustables suck, i hated mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Hatton View Post
                              Just out of curiosity, what didn't you like about them?
                              never could get the adjustment right, more expensive than lakewoods likie i should have gotten, and finally the adjustment knobs fell off. just cheap parts. there is a reason i think the qa1's are more than double the price.

Comment

We've been hundreds of 1.20's on strange shocks, there's nothing wrong with them. Yes, they are cheaper than QA1's - but QA1's are billet aluminum for starters, and I believe they have heim ends on them as well.

I don't think that an adjustable shock is the answer, but a new set of shocks are a step in the right direction and likely your problem. I'd also look into torn up torque boxes, a VERY possible problem on a high mileage stocker.

Comment

Working...
                                X