which steering rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which steering rack

I'm about to order a new steering rack but I have no idea which one?!? Nothing special just the cheapest stock replacement. It's going on an 89 hatch gt....the w/ and wo/ performance suspension in the descriptions has me confused....

Thanks guys!!
    Big Rooster Racing
    85' Coupe
    sigpic

Originally posted by carbd89sleeper View Post
    I'm about to order a new steering rack but I have no idea which one?!? Nothing special just the cheapest stock replacement. It's going on an 89 hatch gt....the w/ and wo/ performance suspension in the descriptions has me confused....

Thanks guys!!
    I had a bitch of a time finding the right rack a few years ago. NAPA showed about 3 different racks that fit. I installed one rack that was "rebuilt", except the inner rods weren't! Be really careful where you buy it, and check it out really well before your install.

Comment

i got mine at O'reilly! i think i pay'd 100 bucks!

Comment

I have put two oreilly racks and 1 autozone rack on my car in the last 100k miles. All three sucked. Inner ends started popping after 10k. Try to find a new rack not reman.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000 vert View Post
          I have put two oreilly racks and 1 autozone rack on my car in the last 100k miles. All three sucked. Inner ends started popping after 10k. Try to find a new rack not reman.
          mine works perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by 80coupe View Post
            mine works perfect!
            yeah and youve driven it like 20 miles

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
              that was one of the first things i replaced on the car! so about 3000 or 4000 miles

Comment

Originally posted by 80coupe View Post
                i got mine at O'reilly! i think i pay'd 100 bucks!
                Cool, I will check there tomorrow, did you get the rear fixed yet?
                Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
                Lmao....
                Big Rooster Racing
                85' Coupe
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by carbd89sleeper View Post
                  Cool, I will check there tomorrow, did you get the rear fixed yet?
                  yes i did a buddy and i put in back in yesterday and also put power steering back on it much better now doesnt take 15 try's to get in the drive way anymore!

Comment

Working...
                  X