Firestone Wide Oval Tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firestone Wide Oval Tires?

Had a bit of a scary trip to work this morning, my rear tires are shot. Had all four tires replaced a little over a year and a half ago with some Sumitomo's and while the fronts still look pretty good the rears are SHOT (and this is on my daily driver 3 series, no aggressive driving so I don't really understand how the rears evenly wore to shit while the fronts still look good, but oh well).

I was calling around and Firestone is doing a buy 3 get one 1 free on Wide Oval tires. They were quoting $650 mounted/balanced/road hazard for 225/45/17's front-245/40/17 rears. They also said they'd match TireRack's price of 115 per front/130 per rear (and he said he'd still do the buy 3 get 1 but wouldn't give me a quote till I come in with the printed out price from online).

Anyway. If he does do that I figure they'll drop the cheapest tire, so $375 + mounting/balancing/road hazard.

Anyone familiar with this tires? All I really ask is for a fairly quite tire that gets a lot of miles. They show to have a 320 wear rating.

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
    Had a bit of a scary trip to work this morning, my rear tires are shot. Had all four tires replaced a little over a year and a half ago with some Sumitomo's and while the fronts still look pretty good the rears are SHOT (and this is on my daily driver 3 series, no aggressive driving so I don't really understand how the rears evenly wore to shit while the fronts still look good, but oh well).

I was calling around and Firestone is doing a buy 3 get one 1 free on Wide Oval tires. They were quoting $650 mounted/balanced/road hazard for 225/45/17's front-245/40/17 rears. They also said they'd match TireRack's price of 115 per front/130 per rear (and he said he'd still do the buy 3 get 1 but wouldn't give me a quote till I come in with the printed out price from online).

Anyway. If he does do that I figure they'll drop the cheapest tire, so $375 + mounting/balancing/road hazard.

Anyone familiar with this tires? All I really ask is for a fairly quite tire that gets a lot of miles. They show to have a 320 wear rating.
    I have been running them now for years...I have no complaints, they do very well in the rain and they provide quite a bit of dry traction as well.

Comment

I ran several sets of them on my '94 Cobra and was happy with them for the money. Decent performance and mileage.
      Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
      Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

I've had them on the rear of my Bullitt for several years now. No complaints.

Comment

Ended up getting the set out the door for $540 w/road hazard. Better then what Tirerack wanted for them delivered! They seem very quiet and smooth, I just want to get some good miles out of them.

Comment

Working...
          X