tire guys, is this fixable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tire guys, is this fixable?

and if not, who has the hook up on tires?
    ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

I've had some carefully patched on the inside. DO NOT let someone try to plug it.

Comment

yes, should hold a patch or a plug either way. We typically install a plug from the inside(this helps to push any steel cord out that may have broken and keeps debris from reentering the wound) and then patch over that.

Comment

Just plug it and be done.. That tire is almost trash anyway. I am a firm believer in plugs.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
          yes, should hold a patch or a plug either way. We typically install a plug from the inside(this helps to push any steel cord out that may have broken and keeps debris from reentering the wound) and then patch over that.
          That's a good idea. It's hard for me to trust someone to properly plug a tire.

Comment

I use a safety seal kit and black jack plugs. Iv yet to have one fail.

Comment

Discount will not fix it for you. Just find a place that will, off the beaten path and go with it.

Comment

Most shops won't fix that. It can be done but could also fail and cause a blow out. A 15 dolar patch job isn't worth the manslaughter charge or law suite for patching that. Plug it and run it. Its your best shot.
                89 dove grey lx, turbo blowthrough

Comment

Originally posted by turbos66coupe View Post
                  Most shops won't fix that. It can be done but could also fail and cause a blow out. A 15 dolar patch job isn't worth the manslaughter charge or law suite for patching that. Plug it and run it. Its your best shot.
                  this

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                    Discount will not fix it for you. Just find a place that will, off the beaten path and go with it.
                    i bet they will. i work there is how i know.

Tesla Service Technician.

Comment

The dark shaded line on the sidewall of your tire looks like you have already been running it with low tire pressure which weakens the sidewall... If you air it up to normal tire pressure (whatever it says on the tag inside the door, gas cap door or glove box) and you see it forming bubbles on the sidewall you need to go ahead and get that tire replaced...

Comment

im gonna say no, it cant be patched.

Comment

I let it down to 30 at the track but it has 32 in it now.. Is that to low? Any one have a hook up on some nittos or a decent 255 street tire?
                          ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Sure is...any messican tire shop can patch that with no problem.
                            Originally posted by Da Prez
                            Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                            Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

I don't get it. It already looks plugged to me. "??????"
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X