Inspection question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inspection question

I live in rockwall county so I have to get inspected in that county right. I can't go to Dallas or into Plano can I. I found a deal on groupon and wanted to know before I were to by it I could get my truck inspected. Tia for the info. I would like to do this deal I I could.

The price is set by the state. Never seen a coupon for it.
    Originally posted by Sean88gt
    As always, my criticisms should never be taken as if I wouldn't go balls deep in it.

Comment

Well groupon and don herring has one. I just want to know if since my truck is reg in rockwall county if I can go to the plano location and get it inspected but need to know asap cause the deal is almost up

Comment

Any emission county. The inspection station still pays 39.75 to the state but charge the consumer less in hopes of getting a "up sell"

Comment

so, let me guess, the old bring the car in for a discounted emission and than pull the ole well it wont pass unless you do so and so?

Comment

Originally posted by astang95 View Post
            so, let me guess, the old bring the car in for a discounted emission and than pull the ole well it wont pass unless you do so and so?
            Ding we have a winner.

Comment

To badly truck is a 09 so good luck pulling that on me.

Comment

Bad my. Stupid auto correct

Comment

just know that if they say anything needs to be done before they pass it, just remember that they are probably lying

Comment

Oh I know. Cause there isn't lol

Comment

Not true on price setting. At my shop we pay like 14.50 per sticker for obdII stickers. The state says we can't charge more than 39.75 but we can give them away if we want to. And that whole bringing people in for an up sale or the old you have to have this trick is risky business. Every shop has a bible the state gives out and states the laws and inspection criteria. If a shop trys to sell you something you have the right to ask them to show you the spot in the book that proves you need it. Tires and belts are the most common things I see that fail regularlly that shouldn't fail by the states standards. Saftey test are a bare minumum test.
                      89 dove grey lx, turbo blowthrough

Comment

Also know that once they start the inspection you are required by law to pay the set price regardless of pass or fail. so when you say no to the repairs you still have to pay but are givin 15 days to repair it else where and can return for one free reinspect. If it fails again you are subject to be required to pay again but the state doesn't say the shop can't let you go more than 15 days . Its up to the discretion of the shop. A lot of shops will tell you they can't do it but they can. I have let lots of good customers slide for a lot longer than 15 days. Theese guide lines are set to make it all uniform and protect both partys. People get pretty crazy when you tell them they failed and they still owe you 40 bucks.

Comment

Yea but if you are unsure you can pass there is a way to not have to pay unless you pass. I forget what you ask them to do.

Comment

As an inspector I don't know any code words for that and we are told once it enters the bay you have to pay. Now you may get a nice shop that will check it out first for you.

Comment

My 80 year old father in law (Battle of the Bulge Vet) took his 5 year old Honda to a sticker station here in Temple. The guy looked at one tire that was at the wear bars and told him it would not pass. So Pop said OK, I will go buy tires as I need them anyway. Then the guy said that he owed for the inspection. Wrong thing to say to an old vet. He was going to buy tires and then go back for the sticker, but he told the guy he was not paying. The sticker guy said he would call the police if Pop drove off. You can guess what he did. About an hour later, one of Temple's finest showed up at Pop's house and told him he had a complaint about theft of service. Pop told him what happened, and that if he was going to jail he was ready. He asked, can I get my hat ? The policeman laughed and said he would handle it. Nobody went to jail, but I can assure you that my Father In Law would have gone. The bad thing was that I have three cars that I had always had inspected at that station. Guess where I don't go anymore. I know if a station goes through an inspection and finds exhaust or emission failures that they should be paid for their time. But to look at a tire and say, "No sticker, but you owe me," is just plain stupid in my opinion. Just my thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                              X