LS1, LT1, Crate or stock rebuild.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LS1, LT1, Crate or stock rebuild.

Ok experts whats the best bang for the buck. I have been doing alot of pricing and this is what I have got for my 1973 Vette. Stock rebuild 700-1500 for around 300 hp., brand new crate from GM 1500.00 for 290 hp, LS1 lets say 1500 and then I had an offer of 600 to drop it in and wire it, or I have a guy with a low mileage LT1 he wants to rebuild for me and say 460 hp for 1500 or so plus I would need an intake or wireing harness. I am going to do a custom paint job, some nice wheels, and then the engine, not in that order. Mine has a spun bearing I believe but we shall see. I am getting close to starting the next phase of the project and just curious of the pros and cons. I do have a guy with a new 5.0 I would like to suprise at the track but not sure how much HP I would need for that. I have also ruled out keeping it stock but will keep the block if I go a different route.

Also how much HP can you put to a 8 or 9 inch tire and wheel before it becomes unstable on the rear.
    Whos your Daddy?

lt1= the sux stock rebuild kidna boring lsx= win

Comment

LS 1 if it were me.
      2012 SRT8 Challenger 392 Hemi-6 speed
      Bright Silver Metallic w/ Black Stripes
      Leg Maker Inc. 4"Carbon Fiber CAI
      Speedlogix Catch Can
      Resonator Delete

Comment

How about stoc rebuild 460hp. AFR heads, cam, full roller motor? Still boring? Was quoted 1800 for that. LOL
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Done waste your money on an LT1
          Originally posted by Da Prez
          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
          Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

ls1, duh
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
              Done waste your money on an LT1
              I disagree with this statement. Granted the LS1 is more capable, it is more expensive. I made 480 HP NA and 650+ on the bottle on a stock LT1 shortblock with ported stock heads for YEARS.

I ran 7.0@98 MPH in a 4,000+ lb Impala SS. There is nothing wrong with a LT1 that is setup correctly. Shit, I never even had to replace the Opti Spark!

Comment

LS1- best bang for the buck,parts are everywhere.
                LT1- well reverse flow heads,opti-spark,old school.
                for me its what is readily available,which is the Ls1 stuff.
                good luck with your decision.

Comment

FUCK an LT1. LS1 all day. What is the curb weight on that vette, btw?
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Enter Tony z06 to say putting a camaro engine in a vette is sinful. lolol.
                    2012 GT500

Comment

Lq4

Comment

Ls1 all day long.

Comment

Every day I think I have it figured out then change my mind. LOL It looks good sitting next to the drive. LT1 will bolt right in and the accessories will bolt right on. Oldschool would be the easiest and get me back on the road.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                            FUCK an LT1. LS1 all day. What is the curb weight on that vette, btw?
                            3400 lbs
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                              I disagree with this statement. Granted the LS1 is more capable, it is more expensive. I made 480 HP NA and 650+ on the bottle on a stock LT1 shortblock with ported stock heads for YEARS.

I ran 7.0@98 MPH in a 4,000+ lb Impala SS. There is nothing wrong with a LT1 that is setup correctly. Shit, I never even had to replace the Opti Spark!
                              Stock shortblock and ported heads, what else? Curious

Comment

Working...
                              X