X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3g alt upgrade

which one? what all do i need?
    ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

5.0 resto sells a complete kit from PA, I've thought about picking it up myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Musbrad2 View Post
      5.0 resto sells a complete kit from PA, I've thought about picking it up myself.
      its expensive and doesnt come with any wireing.. the guy that used to sell kits on corral isnt around anymore, soooo.. anyone have any leads on where to find it!
      ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
        its expensive and doesnt come with any wireing.. the guy that used to sell kits on corral isnt around anymore, soooo.. anyone have any leads on where to find it!
        Hmm..last time I checked you did have to order the wiring harness as well, if you find an alternate source, let me know.

Comment

Its a pretty easy upgrade. I did it a few years ago.
          Discussion Forum for folks in the Midwest U.S. and Southern/Central Canada.

Comment

94-95 Alternator

4 gauge battery cable from post on alternator over to solenoid

Put a female spade connector on white wire from your original plug and connect to male spade on alternator

Put ring terminals on two 10 guage wires from your original plug and put on alternator post also.

The battery cable will help to carry the load so that the two 10 guage wires do not overheat.

You will need to use a rotary tool with a grinder to clearance your mounting bracket still on car.

You will probably need a bolt and nut for the alternator to bracket.

There was an article in 5.0 mustang years ago. You may be able to find it on the net. Here it is:

Pretty simple to do.

This may not be the BEST way but I had no issues with my 93 coupe with an electric fan and my battery relocated to the trunk at night etc.

Comment

SleaseBay has several ready to go at decent prices with all wiring needed. I bought mine there and I have been happy as a duck in a new pond. The only mod I did was grind a little off the alt. bracket and heli-coil the top mounting bolt to accept the stock bolt.

The kit that came with it had the extra power wire with a 200A. fuse to the battery.
              It is an EASY install!

Comment

They are in Irving you can pick it up there. I run there starter and there 3g upgrade it came with wiring and they know what there talking about to help you out.
                Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

From PA Performance... a little pricey but comes with pretty much everything you need...

http://www.paperformance.com/scripts...?idproduct=343

Comment

Any old taurus with a 3.0 ohv has a 3g 130 amp alt that is lready clocked to fit a mustang. I have been robbing them from junkyards for years at 25-35 dollars a pop it sure as hell beats some 250 dollar kit.
                    89 dove grey lx, turbo blowthrough

Comment

Working...
                    X