Electrical issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RuStYpNuS View Post
    Anything is possible with electrical gremilins. I would start with the msd box personally. Odds are it isnt that but you might surprise yourself. Well i take that back. Odds are engine heat isn't going to be the factor in causing it to go bad. Possible load heat maybe.

Ignition switch......doubt it and i am not as familiar with classics as foxes

I'm assuming you have ruled out battery alternator and voltage regulator
    I have not ruled out anything electrical except the coil. Battery is in trunk so heat would not be an issue with it.
    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Would love to test the 6al by replacing it with the programable 6al-2!
      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
        Would love to test the 6al by replacing it with the programable 6al-2!
        Well being a classic and still carbed I would start with the battery and work your way back (forward in your case). Have the battery tested as well as the alternator and if the wiring and everything checks out with that then move towards your ignition circuit. Sounds like your probelm may actually be in your charging circuit. Your alternator has to work slightly harder to charge the battery in the trunk vs the engine bay. Check all grounds make sure they don't have corrosion or rust between the mount bolt and cable.

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

Is it possible the voltage regulator would cause these issues?
          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Yup, post #15

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X