Pulley bushing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulley bushing

What is the pulley that is the lowest one on the 302? That the harmonic balancer? Anyways, I need to space it out towards the radiator enough to fit one more tooth on a belt. The current setup for whatever reason has it setting too far back towards the engine that it has actually over time shaved off one tooth. Truck runs fine, but I wanna replace the belt and correct this flaw at the same time.

just cut the belt, you dont need it
    Big Rooster Racing
    1985 Mustang GT

Comment

Josh, isnt it past your bedtime? Hold up, Ill go ask ur mom. Shes in the other room. ;D

Comment

haha I'm allowed to work over night as well
        Big Rooster Racing
        1985 Mustang GT

Comment

someone else should be able to help....
          Big Rooster Racing
          1985 Mustang GT

Comment

Tan , this would not be a poly bushing . You would need a hard spacer and being you are only off one rib it would be very thin . The brand balancer and the accesory setups are all different . I can get it right for you when you bring it by .
            Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
              What is the pulley that is the lowest one on the 302? That the harmonic balancer? Anyways, I need to space it out towards the radiator enough to fit one more tooth on a belt. The current setup for whatever reason has it setting too far back towards the engine that it has actually over time shaved off one tooth. Truck runs fine, but I wanna replace the belt and correct this flaw at the same time.

Yea if your only one tooth off it could be the previous pulley that's too far out. I had to press my power steering pulley on deeper on blue balls for that same reason. Would a washer not work......a big ass washer

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X