How much should I pay for this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much should I pay for this?

I didn't see a price check section in the classifieds like some forums have, so I guess I'll be asking this here.

Found an x-pipe for my 94GT. Just the x-pipe though, nothing else. A typical, catless, 2.5" diameter x-pipe. I could just unbolt mine and bolt this one right on. Only thing is, he wants $300 bucks for it. I mean it looks ok and all, but its used. He said he paid over $400 for it new and I've seen those kinds of prices on new ones. But man... its just some exhaust tubing. It doesn't seem like its worth that damn much. Or is it? How much would you pay for just a midpipe for a 94 GT?

I have a MAC H-pipe for a Foxbody that I'll give you if it'll fit...

I wouldn't even pay $100 for a used X-pipe.

Comment

Hell, I remember Denny selling me an off-road pipe for my fox for $50, about 10 years ago. I can't imagine them being worth much more unless they were catted.

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post

I wouldn't feel right unless I paid you something for it. But any idea on how I can determine if it would fit? I just have the factory shorty headers on the car. Its bone stock at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by StanleyTweedle View Post
          I wouldn't feel right unless I paid you something for it. But any idea on how I can determine if it would fit? I just have the factory shorty headers on the car. Its bone stock at this point.
          Looking at their website, it doesn't appear that it will fit yours. I'd put up a want ad in the classifieds. Seems like people always buy the offroad pipe and then end up getting rid of it because it's such a hassle to pass inspection.

Comment

He won't get $300 for that x-pipe.

Comment

$300 is WAY too much for an offroad X. Under $100 would be reasonable.

Comment

Looking at their website, it doesn't appear that it will fit yours. I'd put up a want ad in the classifieds. Seems like people always buy the offroad pipe and then end up getting rid of it because it's such a hassle to pass inspection.

It will fit. The fox have a different hanger placement then 94-95 ones do. I used a fox one on my 95 and fit fine.

Comment

ill give ya 50
                  first class white trash

Comment

Originally posted by 02greyGT View Post
                    It will fit. The fox have a different hanger placement then 94-95 ones do. I used a fox one on my 95 and fit fine.

x2, the one on my 94 is from a fox.

god bless.
                    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Is it me, or does this guy just try to make threads that we might reply to, but never really wants to do anything hes asking about?

Comment

Looks like the start at 160 new.
                        Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                          Hell, I remember Denny selling me an off-road pipe for my fox for $50, about 10 years ago. I can't imagine them being worth much more unless they were catted.
                          LOL... my neighbor was so pissed when he started up his car and noticed it was open headers.

Comment

Maybe he wants $30?
                            Originally posted by Da Prez
                            Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                            Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                              LOL... my neighbor was so pissed when he started up his car and noticed it was open headers.
                              Now THAT'S funny!

Comment

Working...
                              X