No announcement yet.

Faulty Chinese-Built Transmissions Plague New Ford Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if it was 100% built in the USA a new mustang would cost roughly $648,372.
    pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
      Not sure about that but if so, thats beyond ridiculous. Tremec offers the T56 Magnum for $2800 retail minus the bellhousing. I would imagine Ford is going to get a lot better than that or even what elite distributors get on the unit due to the volume. I would guess they would be around $1600 to Ford at actual cost. That chinese piece of shit probably cost Ford less than $1000 turn key from Getrag.

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
        LOL! No ways. The problem's the tranny, not the whole car.

Originally posted by thesource View Post
        Not sure about that but if so, thats beyond ridiculous. Tremec offers the T56 Magnum for $2800 retail minus the bellhousing. I would imagine Ford is going to get a lot better than that or even what elite distributors get on the unit due to the volume. I would guess they would be around $1600 to Ford at actual cost. That chinese piece of shit probably cost Ford less than $1000 turn key from Getrag.
        Sounds a lot better than the warranty headache that Ford's dealing with, but more so the customers that dumped or financed $35k or more if after interest on the loan.
        2 Chronicles 7:14
        If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

ford values new units at less than $10k per, so if you think they are gonna give $1600 for a transmission, you might need to go work for GM.
          pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Never buy a first year production.
            www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
              Agreed
              99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
              going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

wouldnt be surprised if the guy has been powershifting the crap out of it and messed up the synchros. who knows for what they charge for those cars it should have a brand new transmission in it no questions asked.

Comment

Quality issues with a product manufactured in China? I find that extremely hard to believe.

/end sarcasm

Shit, if I owned one, I would also have the transmission tested for lead and cadmium content, you might be driving around in a radiation chamber.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                    Bought a 2003 Mach 1, first year of two production runs, have had absolutely no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                      Bought a 2003 Mach 1, first year of two production runs, have had absolutely no problems.
                      Generally that is an exception and not the rule though. Plus, weren't those mainly using known good parts...etc?
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                        Generally that is an exception and not the rule though. Plus, weren't those mainly using known good parts...etc?
                        True, they were built with mostly off-the-shelf parts already available.

Comment

i havent beat on my car at all...but sometimes it just wont shift into 2nd at all...it slips over like it wants to go into reverse. This happens whether im shifting fast or slow.
                          also, if you DO try to beat on the tranny half the time it wont let you...the shifter is short, but very spongy. it whines a bit, but after a couple of tremecs ive learned to ignore whine...if it gets loud i may get concerned.

i went out looking for an auto and got this transmission knowing its reputation, so i guess ill just have to deal with it.
                          2011 Mustang GT
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KungFuHamster View Post
                            i havent beat on my car at all...but sometimes it just wont shift into 2nd at all...it slips over like it wants to go into reverse. This happens whether im shifting fast or slow.
                            also, if you DO try to beat on the tranny half the time it wont let you...the shifter is short, but very spongy. it whines a bit, but after a couple of tremecs ive learned to ignore whine...if it gets loud i may get concerned.

i went out looking for an auto and got this transmission knowing its reputation, so i guess ill just have to deal with it.
                            Do the 2011 manual transmissions have that 'skip gear feature', like GM's manual trannys?
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                              Do the 2011 manual transmissions have that 'skip gear feature', like GM's manual trannys?
                              I believe it does. It wants you to go from 1st to 4th.
                              www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                                yeah. but i have a CAI/tune and the tune disables that feature. Whats happening with me is not that the trans is locking out of 2nd, but instead when its traveling from 1st to 2nd it "slips" over to reverse (which is located next to 1st)...and this happens without me pushing down on the shifter.
                                2011 Mustang GT
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X