Faulty Chinese-Built Transmissions Plague New Ford Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KungFuHamster View Post
    yeah. but i have a CAI/tune and the tune disables that feature. Whats happening with me is not that the trans is locking out of 2nd, but instead when its traveling from 1st to 2nd it "slips" over to reverse (which is located next to 1st)...and this happens without me pushing down on the shifter.
    This might explain why this transmission is having problems, but there are alo alot of peole that are not complaining. Any tramsmission that comes from the factory usually are not meant to be powershifted (except T-56's) and forks will usually bend.

I didnt know that you could disable that feature with the SCT tuner I thought it had to be like the t-56's...
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
      This might explain why this transmission is having problems, but there are alo alot of peole that are not complaining. Any tramsmission that comes from the factory usually are not meant to be powershifted (except T-56's) and forks will usually bend.

I didnt know that you could disable that feature with the SCT tuner I thought it had to be like the t-56's...
      in 04 i met the tremec rep at FFW in Richmond and asked him about the TKO in my car...i had a blown 01 GT and was shifting ~6500 and i had to rip into that thing to get it to go into gear. he said it wasnt synchonized to shift that high which was why it was so hard to shift. i never thought about that....these new cars redline at 7k and when people raise the limiter to 7500 theyre shifting that high...i wonder if too much rpm could be doing it?
      2011 Mustang GT
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
        Bought a 2003 Mach 1, first year of two production runs, have had absolutely no problems.
        Same here. We bought our Mach new off the showroom floor in 2003. It's been the most reliable car we have ever owned.

Comment

Originally posted by KungFuHamster View Post
          in 04 i met the tremec rep at FFW in Richmond and asked him about the TKO in my car...i had a blown 01 GT and was shifting ~6500 and i had to rip into that thing to get it to go into gear. he said it wasnt synchonized to shift that high which was why it was so hard to shift. i never thought about that....these new cars redline at 7k and when people raise the limiter to 7500 theyre shifting that high...i wonder if too much rpm could be doing it?
          Thats always been a misconception by people that don't know how to read dyno sheets. You shift a few hunrdred RPM over your max power, anything higher is a waste. Just because you have a 7k redline doesnt mean you raise the RPM limiter and shift at 7500. Now if your car makes that kind of power then you shift accordingly.

From what Ive seen on the dyno, stock cars shouldn't be shifted too much past 6k RPM and lightly modded 5.0's 6500RPM.
          Last edited by Rick Modena; 04-26-2011, 12:44 PM.
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
            Thats always been a misconception by people that don't know how to read dyno sheets. You shift a few hunrdred RPM over your max power, anything higher is a waste. Just because you have a 7k redline doesnt mean you raise the RPM limiter and shift at 7500. Now if your car makes that kind of power then you shift accordingly.

From what Ive seen on the dyno, stock cars shouldn't be shifted too much past 6k RPM and lightly modded 5.0's 6500RPM.
            you have to run past peak unless you want a car to fall on it's ass between shifts........
            pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

nothing says cheap POS like a chinese transmission. im sure the investors love it though

Comment

Working...
              X