Which t-56 to look for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thesource View Post
    No. The only way to do it is to completely swap the 1st-4th gears to the 2.66 ratio from the 2.97 ratio it currently has. This would give you the exact ratios the GM F body has.
    Gotcha. Thanks.

Comment

Tremec purchased the rights to the light duty Borg Warner transmission designs back in the late 90s. As for trying to put a GM T56 into your Mustang, its more work and money than you probably realize.
      Hmm. So what would be the most affordable 6 speed swap that you would recommend? I just want that 6th gear with the proper ratio so I can run 4:11's and be able do highway speeds at 2K rpm. I could settle for 3:73's if that isn't possible.

Right now the car is running... hell what's the lower 3 ratio gears... is it 3:23's? I forget. But that's what its running.

Comment

Originally posted by StanleyTweedle View Post
        Hmm. So what would be the most affordable 6 speed swap that you would recommend? I just want that 6th gear with the proper ratio so I can run 4:11's and be able do highway speeds at 2K rpm. I could settle for 3:73's if that isn't possible.

Right now the car is running... hell what's the lower 3 ratio gears... is it 3:23's? I forget. But that's what its running.
        Ford never offered a T56 with a .50 6th gear. There are only two ways to make it happen.

(1) Buy a custom built hybrid T56 for your application

(2) Buy a T56 Magnum

Both are going to run you about the same money.

Comment

Ford never offered a T56 with a .50 6th gear. There are only two ways to make it happen.

(1) Buy a custom built hybrid T56 for your application

(2) Buy a T56 Magnum

Both are going to run you about the same money.
          Heh, let me guess. We're talking in excess of $3k. I gotta weigh that against the GM borg warner tranny conversion.

Comment

Working...
          X