2007 Tahoe Won't Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Tahoe Won't Start

It was acting up (not starting unless it was jumped off via charger), and the original battery was leaking acid, so I replaced it yesterday w/ a new one from the dealer. Thinking that it was just a tired, defective battery.

Started right up & acted normal w/ the new battery. Today, it's the same symptom, acting like the battery is dead. I took the battery out & took it to O Reillys to have it tested, came back good (just wanted to rule that out).

I just clicks when you turn the key forward. Cables are all clean, never any previous problems with the truck. Starter is next on my list of usual suspects, but I found this TSB notice online

Learn how to do just about everything at ehow. Find expert advice along with How To videos and articles, including instructions on how to make, cook, grow, or do almost anything.

Should I just take it to the dealer? That will involve a tow...

Recommendations?
    Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Alternator...

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
      Alternator...
      It is now. GM alternators can barely run the electrical systems without burning up, the added load of having to recharge a dead battery kills them nearly every time. This is assuming it'll start now if you jump it off. Otherwise it could be loose or corroded cables.

Comment

Working...
      X