2005 Mustang: Door Upholstery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Mustang: Door Upholstery

I am trying to help out a friend and her door upholstery came off the passenger side door of her 2005 Mustang GT.
    She took it to an upholstery shop and they stated that if they put the factory material back on, she would have no warranty because the shop wanted to use some black motorcycle material but was out of it(looks almost like stretchy vinyl).
    Does anyone have any idea where to purchase this material in Dallas?
    Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks guys,

super glue?
    Big Rooster Racing
    1985 Mustang GT

Comment

Originally posted by Josh.0 View Post
      super glue?
      I think she wants the upholstery shop to do the work.
      I am mainly trying to find some replacement material for her though...

Comment

How much did the shop quote her? Just get some spray adhesive and put that shit back on.
        Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
        Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

I've been dealing with this myself for a few summers now. Unsuccessfully I might add... spray adhesive does not work because of the foam backing. I plan on getting mine redone eventually, for now I stuck it back on with contact cement (like what is used for laminate counter tops) If I were you I would look for another upholstery shop.

Comment

I kno wyou are in Dallas but there is a bad ass trim shop in Arlington Bill's Trim Shop. He has been there for YEARS! the recovered a seat for my old 65 Galaxie and it came out perfect and at a good price. He also fixed the top on my 98 Vert Cobra for where it was leaking around the rear window and never had another issue with it after that.

Just another option for you. Hope it helps any.

They are off of Division not too far from the new stadium.
            86 SVO

Comment

I bet if you took that door panel off, the part that is wrapped would come off seperately. There are quite a few upholstry supply places in DFW where you can go buy whatever material you want, and recover it yourself with spray adhesive for a fraction of the cost of a shop.

Comment

Originally posted by 06S197GT View Post
                I've been dealing with this myself for a few summers now. Unsuccessfully I might add... spray adhesive does not work because of the foam backing. I plan on getting mine redone eventually, for now I stuck it back on with contact cement (like what is used for laminate counter tops) If I were you I would look for another upholstery shop.
                I think DAP Weldwood or 3M Super Trim Adhesive would work.
                Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

I used dap on mine. Works fine.
                  2012 5.0 M6
                  sigpic

Comment

Find another shop.

Comment

the pussy must be good to come on here to ask for help!!!

Comment

Thank you all for the help.
                        I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                        X