X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KBScobravert
    replied
    Originally posted by BoostedGT View Post
    No problem at all. I don't mind helping. What kind of IAC are you using? Also, did you get a 5 bar map sensor?

Yep Danny C is very very smart with the Holley. He actually doesn't work for Holley either. You would think he would with all the knowledge he has on the system.
    I have a 5bar (holley) for MAP and a 3.5bar(AEM) for dome pressure.

For IAC I want to use the Ford 2 wire. Danny C says it is better than the gm the harness is pre built for. Faster and more accurate.

Leave a comment:

• BoostedGT
    replied
    Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
    I may take you up on that. It might take a while before I get a good chance to get it all in and ready to fire up again though.

I found Holley's own forum to be extremely helpful and fast to respond. When I was planning and mapping this system out while still in Afg, I had tons of stupid questions. Some mod named Danny C(something) is like a Holley EFI savant.

No problem at all. I don't mind helping. What kind of IAC are you using? Also, did you get a 5 bar map sensor?

Yep Danny C is very very smart with the Holley. He actually doesn't work for Holley either. You would think he would with all the knowledge he has on the system.

Leave a comment:

• KBScobravert
    replied
    Unboxed everything and laid it out and then some.

Keyed valet switch with 4 positions for 4 different tunes

Air temps and coolant temps

NTK O2 sensor

Boost control

Labeled harness and each connection.

..for the GM coil-n-plug coils. Looking at it on the table, I could have built this myself for a tenth of the price and I think I going to swap out the GM plug anyways to a Duetsch (8pin) since that is what is on my coils already.

Ford MPFI Injector sub harness
    Last edited by KBScobravert; 04-04-2014, 05:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KBScobravert
    replied
    Originally posted by BoostedGT View Post
    I have this system on my car and can walk you through the input/output stuff if you need help.
    I may take you up on that. It might take a while before I get a good chance to get it all in and ready to fire up again though.

I found Holley's own forum to be extremely helpful and fast to respond. When I was planning and mapping this system out while still in Afg, I had tons of stupid questions. Some mod named Danny C(something) is like a Holley EFI savant.

Leave a comment:

• KBScobravert
    replied
    I couldn't resist. Just had to open them up.

Every individual part of this system is modular, hence the amount of boxes...1 per harness plug and 1 per sub harness.

and the cam sensor from a Ford Explorer.

Leave a comment:

• orphan Shelby
    replied
    Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
    She would not even fit in the chubby chic thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    Look at me, I'm skinny, It never stopped me from gettin' busy. I'm a freak,I like the girls with the boom.

Leave a comment:

• BoostedGT
    replied
    I have this system on my car and can walk you through the input/output stuff if you need help.

Leave a comment:

• orphan Shelby
    replied
    Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
    Can we all meet your sister :-D
    Exactly!

Leave a comment:

• KBScobravert
    replied
    Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
    She would not even fit in the chubby chic thread.

Leave a comment:

• Sleeper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KBScobravert
    replied
    Brown Santa came today. Unpacking tomorrow. ..or maybe tonight after everyone is asleep.

Leave a comment:

• KBScobravert
    replied
    So I ended up getting:
    Dominator EFI ECU
    LCD Handheld-
    Main harness (558-104)
    NTK O2 sensor
    Injector harness (558-209)
    Ignition harness (558-307 - for LSx coil near plug)
    J2A, J2B, J3, J4 harnesses for extra I/O
    2 Three Port Boost solenoids
    Port Cable
    IAT sensor - Pre and Post cooler and one for ambient (shits and grins for datalog)
    ECT sensor - ECU input for EFI, pre and post radiator (shits and grins to view efficiency)
    ECU selector switch (key'd 4 way valet switch)
    2 Fluid PSI 0-100 Sensors - Fuel and Oil

Still need to order the MAP sensor (if I don't use my AEM 3.5bar I already have) cam sensor, crank sensor, have a crank wheel made.

I also am thinking I need another sensor for the W/G dome and might as well do a (cheaper) pressure sensor for crankcase (put it in the oil pan or intake valley?).

not my picture - but I like how it will fit right where I want it

Leave a comment:

• KBScobravert
    replied
    Originally posted by greenbullitt View Post
    no, but I definitely will.

i am tying up fans, boost control etc right now
    There are cut and dry threads for each of those on Holley's Tech Forum. The way he has it broken down it all seems pretty straight forward.

Leave a comment:

• KBScobravert
    replied
    Originally posted by Lason View Post
    Baller!

Those dominator setups seem real solid from what I have read and plenty of inputs on the dominator.

I just got the bill. Luckily I have a sister that owns her own speedshop in GA who sells everything to me at her cost +3% for credit card fees. Saved me $800 off what it all would have cost me through Summit.

Leave a comment:

• shumpertdavid
    replied
    Originally posted by greenbullitt View Post
    im not so worried about the software, the install is the learning curve moreso imo.

the instructions are very lacking in the inputs/outputs section. I am installing one as we speak. It runs, but not done just yet.
    This was the issue I ran into on the first Fast XFI I installed. The info on which sensor inputs to use and how to cancel out the unused inputs. The cam and crank sensor inputs were the most important of those. You have the option of wiring Hall Effect or Inductive and have to ground out the one not used to eliminate false triggering.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X