Nic Cage arrested in New Orleans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nic Cage arrested in New Orleans

Several different levels of hilarity here, including the irony of the last line. Never knew grabbing someones arm was abuse. Of course I'm sure there is "more to the story."

NEW ORLEANS - Actor Nicolas Cage was arrested after he got drunk in the city's French Quarter and argued in the street with his wife over whether a house they were in front of was theirs, police said Saturday.

The couple was in front of a home that Cage insisted they were renting, police said. When she said it wasn't theirs, Cage grabbed her arm, according to a police news release.

Cage started hitting vehicles and tried to get into a taxi, police said. An officer saw that Cage was drunk and told him to get out of the cab. Cage then started yelling at the officer.

The actor has been booked on charges of domestic abuse battery, disturbing the peace and public drunkenness. He was released on $11,000 bond Saturday.

Representatives for Cage could not immediately be reached Saturday.

Cage has been a frequent visitor to New Orleans, where he has owned property and shot movies. He has also had financial troubles, despite being one of the highest-paid stars in Hollywood.

He had been behind on taxes and has said he's had to sell numerous assets because of his finances. He sued his former business manager in October 2009 for $20 million, claiming the man's advice led him to financial ruin.

Cage won an Academy Award for his performance in 1995's "Leaving Las Vegas."

Yeah, why do they always bring that movie up? It doesn't make up for all the schlock he's been in since then.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

easy, easy, easy, cuz i'm not eazy e!

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
        Yeah, why do they always bring that movie up? It doesn't make up for all the schlock he's been in since then.

In this case probably because art imitated life. I love bad Nic Cage movies. There is no in between with him. They are either completely awesome like Raising Arizona, Leaving Las Vegas, and Kick Ass, or ridiculously horrible like the Wicker Man. Bees!

Comment

Sorry but this thread sux monkey nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
            Sorry but this thread sux monkey nuts.
            You liked Bangkok Dangerous, didn't you?

Comment

Hellz yeaha. Like the one where he was like a writer of something.

Comment

Hellz yeaha. Like the one where he was like a writer of something.
                Leaving Las Vegas? Adaptation?

Comment

I wonder if it was as bad as his fit throwing in his movies, or if it actually had some substance and emotion to it, since he wasn't trying to act.

Comment

Originally posted by ComeAgainJen View Post
                    I wonder if it was as bad as his fit throwing in his movies, or if it actually had some substance and emotion to it, since he wasn't trying to act.
                    Perfect segue for this greatness:

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                      Adaptation?
                      That movie was as bad as adam sandler movie where he fly across state to punch some guy.

Comment

That movie was as bad as adam sandler movie where he fly across state to punch some guy.

Punch Drunk Love was probably the best movie Adam Sandler ever did, and showed that he is very marginally capable of acting. Going by most of your posts on here, I'm sure you're more into the spoon fed garbage that Hollywood seems to have no trouble unloading into peoples mouths an 18 wheeler at a time these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                          Perfect segue for this greatness:

Exactly. I think the acting in Drop Dead Fred was better.

I can see the conversation between Nic Cage and Coppola back in the early '80's. "Fine! Fine. I'll cast you in Rumble Fish as a favor to your father, but for the love of God, change your name so the public doesn't know you're a Coppola."

Comment

I enjoyed Ghost Rider.

Comment

Maybe the cops saw that crime of a picture Bad Lieutenant and had no choice but to arrest him.

Comment

Working...
                              X