Arlington folks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RuStYpNuS View Post
    you are missing the point.....maybe i should be more straight forward....just because there is flouride in it doesnt mean its good for your teeth and i know there is flouride in fucking toothpaste
    Ok. You're right. Water is bad for you. Don't drink it. Ad while you're at it, no beer either.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      Ok. You're right. Water is bad for you. Don't drink it. Ad while you're at it, no beer either.
      now thats crossing the line.... no beer?
      first class white trash

Comment

you are missing the point.....maybe i should be more straight forward....just because there is flouride in it doesnt mean its good for your teeth and i know there is flouride in fucking toothpaste
        Sorry if I've offended you, dude. You just haven't named anything that's bad for you. You seem to be hung up on the appearance of the inside of a hot water heater. They fill up with sodium, calcium, all kinds of minerals, and sometimes sulfur if it's in the water. They've got a zinc rod in them to act as a sacrificial catalyst for all that stuff to attach to, so it does, so it looks scary in there. Older hot water heaters were zinc lined, and some of them were crazy looking when you pulled them apart. Again, sorry if I pissed you off. I just wanted to correct you on some of the basic chemistry.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
          Try the water in Abilene and you'll change your tune...
          Or Lubbock - it's kind of crunchy.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
            Sorry if I've offended you, dude. You just haven't named anything that's bad for you. You seem to be hung up on the appearance of the inside of a hot water heater. They fill up with sodium, calcium, all kinds of minerals, and sometimes sulfur if it's in the water. They've got a zinc rod in them to act as a sacrificial catalyst for all that stuff to attach to, so it does, so it looks scary in there. Older hot water heaters were zinc lined, and some of them were crazy looking when you pulled them apart. Again, sorry if I pissed you off. I just wanted to correct you on some of the basic chemistry.
            um no im not hung up on the water heater......i just mentioned that they are nasty inside.

and im not saying water isnt good for you lol all im saying is that im sure there are other chemicals in tap water that arent good for your teeth

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

I've always thought that the water in Arlington/the mid-cities has smelled and tasted a little funky, but then again I'm a big baby about tap water and avoid it at all costs.

Comment

um no im not hung up on the water heater......i just mentioned that they are nasty inside.

and im not saying water isnt good for you lol all im saying is that im sure there are other chemicals in tap water that arent good for your teeth
                There shouldn't be. The water soluble minerals in your tap water tend to be basic. Acidity is a bigger threat to the calcium in your tooth enamel, and you can develop more acidity in your gum line just from bacteria there than you'll ever see out of tap water. You can always send off your tap water for analysis, or the utility should have a certificate of analysis on file you can ask for. I don't see why they wouldn't give it to you.

Comment

You guys do realize that 99.9% of bottled water is water taken straight from a tap, right?

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                    You guys do realize that 99.9% of bottled water is water taken straight from a tap, right?
                    I can't imagine paying for bottled water; that shit is way too expensive. I've just got a filter and a rotation of water bottles that I fill up and leave in the freezer for a few hours and then use throughout the day. Ice is filtered, water is filtered, and there aren't any strange particulates floating in my water.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                      There shouldn't be. The water soluble minerals in your tap water tend to be basic. Acidity is a bigger threat to the calcium in your tooth enamel, and you can develop more acidity in your gum line just from bacteria there than you'll ever see out of tap water. You can always send off your tap water for analysis, or the utility should have a certificate of analysis on file you can ask for. I don't see why they wouldn't give it to you.
                      See: Fluorosis.
                      My dental bills throughout my life will attest to the fact that fluoride, even in tap water concentrations, isn't great for everyone.

Originally posted by forbes View Post
                      Actually, drilling and fracking for natural gas does affect water. the natural gas is below the water table, and when they frack the hole it cracks the substrate tween it and the water table.... mainly the chemicals they use for the fracking are the most dangerous... but there are tons of people who can actually light there tap water on fire right from the faucet
                      Fracking is done at total depth. In the neighborhood of 10,000 ft give or take. The water table is less than 1000 ft below the surface. Well bores are cased and cemented the entire way down then perforated in the pay zones.

These are rough numbers as I'm on a plane with no references in front of me, but in a frac job the fluid will crack and permeate the shale up to 1/4 mile or so laterally and less than 500 ft vertically. That does not get anywhere near the water table. No way you slice it..

For a frac job to contaminate ground water there would have to be a bad cement job (allowing fluid to pass outside the casing, between it in the rock), but this is verified at different stages of the process. In short, it takes quite a few errors for anything like that to happen. As for the 'tons' of people able to light tap water... How many is tons? Percentage if population?
                      Last edited by Strychnine; 04-18-2011, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                        See: Fluorosis.
                        My dental bills throughout my life will attest to the fact that fluoride, even in tap water concentrations, isn't great for everyone.
                        Well, hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                          Drinking some now. Tastes the same to me, but we filter it.
                          x2. I filter my drinking water and haven't noticed a difference in taste. I have noticed in the last couple of weeks that it smells funny, but tastes the same!
                          Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
                          http://www.titantowing.net
                          -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

http://www.news4jax.com/health/21960106/detail.html

Cities With Best Water

1. Arlington, Texas
                            2. Providence, R.I.
                            3. Fort Worth, Texas
                            4. Charleston, S.C.
                            5. Boston, Mass.
                            6. Honolulu, Hawaii
                            7. Austin, Texas
                            8. Fairfax County, Va.