Stock market or home improvements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
    tdd just pm'd me and said to be sure you buy shares on margin so you can enjoy your debt lifestyle, plastic slave!!
    Did you know that he has a 4.0 at UTA!?
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Originally posted by racrguy
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
      Did you know that he has a 4.0 at UTA!?
      No shit?? Hell, I'll bet he could easily grasp basic concepts regarding the opportunity cost of capital.
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
        Hommie, Fluor's compensation package is stupid good. R&R every 75 days and you MAKE money going on R&R vs the red lanyard where we lost money. The pay is excellent.

I know all the HSE fucks here since I work in the Security Ops Center now (I am the the Ops center lol) and the HSE guys don't do shit. They literally have 200+ Safety guys in theater.

If I can beg the wife to give me at least until the end of the year I will be happy. Right now I will be home on Sept 9th for good if she says "no". The dumb thing is we are just at the edge of being set. Zero debt (but house) great credit scores, good amount in savings and stocks, and prepared to be able to live off of a combined income of only $45K a year anything over that is gravy. There will be lots of gravy.
        Bro, I told my company no to a PM job out there. $300K and vacation every 70 days. Denny three years ago would have beat the shit out of Denny today.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
          Bro, I told my company no to a PM job out there. $300K and vacation every 70 days. Denny three years ago would have beat the shit out of Denny today.
          Drinks on Denny!
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

Denny today needs to beat the shit out of Denny today.
            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Drinks on Denny!
              Maybe the case if Denny took it, but Denny will more than likely die at an old age as a broke dick.
              Denny today needs to beat the shit out of Denny today.
              It'll probablt happen when I get back Stateside.

Comment

Maybe the case if Denny took it, but Denny will more than likely die at an old age as a broke dick.

A broke dick who could say no to a $300k job.

Comment

Well like I said, I am gonna try like hell to hold out till the end of the year. If I get this promotion it will make it an easier pitch to my wife. From the way our country manager keeps talking it should be a 30% increase. Then add the additional benefits that my current employer doesn't give me now, and the deal is much much better.

Comment

A broke dick who could say no to a $300k job.
                    LOL. you should have heard the silence on the other end of that conference call. It was during my annual review with some board members from the Atlanta Office. We were going over short term and long term goals and making out a matrix as we went. The call was short after I told them Afghanistan (or anything in the Middle East) was not in my future. It's not like they can't get someone else to do it. I think I just hurt their feelings.

Comment

LOL. you should have heard the silence on the other end of that conference call. It was during my annual review with some board members from the Atlanta Office. We were going over short term and long term goals and making out a matrix as we went. The call was short after I told them Afghanistan (or anything in the Middle East) was not in my future. It's not like they can't get someone else to do it. I think I just hurt their feelings.
                      Or they were just stunned that you turned down $300k in this economy!

Comment

Well like I said, I am gonna try like hell to hold out till the end of the year. If I get this promotion it will make it an easier pitch to my wife. From the way our country manager keeps talking it should be a 30% increase. Then add the additional benefits that my current employer doesn't give me now, and the deal is much much better.
                        Cool, bro. My current Task Order ends 21 Nov 2011 and if this base shuts down, then I can leave it earlier. This is the last project I have going in the country. There's light at the end of my tunnel and I can't lose it.

They're still working on getting me to Guam on that 5 year deal. It'll probably be 1/2 of this pay, but I plan on living there permanently anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                          That too

Comment

Your daughter will be in that position in a few years.

Comment

I just had this same conversation with my folks. My wife better be damn sure she wants me home when I quit this job. My fear is coming home and going through savings in a year trying to find a job. Another reason for pushing the house improvements through before she starts to want me home again. I can always pull the old "but honey I need to rebuild our nest egg after we just put all this money into the house"

Comment

Great day in the market. Fuck if JNJ is not going to close up 3.15+% today. Edging up to the 52 week high.

On another note I found a guy on garagejournal.com from the DFW area that just built a 16x24 structure, bricked in and roofed to match the house with electrical work all for under $15K. That was from dirt to completion. Now to get some bids on a 24x36.

Comment

Working...
                                X