Driving to San Diego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving to San Diego

A friend of mine, who lives in Dallas, is having a wedding in San Diego of all places and I'm on the hook to go. I'd prefer not to fly because I'm not enthused about playing security theater with TSA, so I'm thinking about driving out there.

If I drive, is there anything worth stopping and seeing along the way?

Also, since kali gets weird about weapons, how do I legally handle my firearms when I get to the border? High capacity magazines? I'm reading through calgunlaws.com, but hope someone can offer a little better insight.
    Men have become the tools of their tools.
    -Henry David Thoreau

I took one of my firearms when I traveled to SD. Nothing much to see for me, however make sure you drive the speed limit in the start of Arizona. My two different radars didnt detect the Troopers out there.
    Originally posted by Da Prez
    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

as far as the gun laws go, the gun will need to be stored separately from the ammo in either a locked container, or with a trigger lock. Ans by separately i mean gun in the trunk ammo in the passenger area. As far as hi-caps go they are illegal there, so if you have any 10 rounders id recommend taking them.

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
        I took one of my firearms when I traveled to SD. Nothing much to see for me, however make sure you drive the speed limit in the start of Arizona. My two different radars didnt detect the Troopers out there.
        Good to know, I don't need any tickets.

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
        as far as the gun laws go, the gun will need to be stored separately from the ammo in either a locked container, or with a trigger lock. Ans by separately i mean gun in the trunk ammo in the passenger area. As far as hi-caps go they are illegal there, so if you have any 10 rounders id recommend taking them.
        Ok, I thought that's about how it'd have to be. Wish they weren't so backwards.
        -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Carlsbad caverns and the grand canyon can be seen for a little detour. I highly recommend both. We've done them on our way to California and its not too far out of the way.
          Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
          Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
          Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
          You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by MOSFET View Post
            Ok, I thought that's about how it'd have to be. Wish they weren't so backwards.
            yea they think that actually has a positive effect on crime. Really they don't want any of the lowlife criminals to get shot as that would cut into their voter base.

Comment

What's the deal with open carry in CA now? I find it strange that you need to separate the pistol and mag while in the car but, you can carry the pistol on your hip as long as there is no mag in the magwell. Apparently the mag can be in your pocket ready to go also.
              Ded

Comment

u have to see the THING... u will see billboards for it for miles.... once u stop, can u tell me what it is? i never wasted my time lol
                first class white trash

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
                  What's the deal with open carry in CA now? I find it strange that you need to separate the pistol and mag while in the car but, you can carry the pistol on your hip as long as there is no mag in the magwell. Apparently the mag can be in your pocket ready to go also.
                  Since when has anything in California made sense?
                  "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by forbes View Post
                    u have to see the THING... u will see billboards for it for miles.... once u stop, can u tell me what it is? i never wasted my time lol

Comment

The "Thing" sounds pretty lame, fuck spending $$$ to see a mumified dog cock.
                      Last edited by VaderTT; 04-14-2011, 01:24 PM.
                      Ded

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
                        Carlsbad caverns and the grand canyon can be seen for a little detour. I highly recommend both. We've done them on our way to California and its not too far out of the way.
                        I'd given some thought to this. Carlsbad I've done, and it was bad ass, but I have not yet seen the Grand canyon.

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
                        yea they think that actually has a positive effect on crime. Really they don't want any of the lowlife criminals to get shot as that would cut into their voter base.
                        Sad thing is, they really do feel like it makes a difference.

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
                        This baffles me to no end, too.
                        -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

40+ hours of driving vs 2 pat downs? If having a gun out there is a big concern, does your friend have a backup piece you could carry for a few days?

Comment

Drove out there this past Spring Break.

Get caught with a high cap mag = prison. Take a low cap

As soon as I got to Cali I put the gun in a locked case in the back of the car (as per state law).

You can hit the Big Texan Steak House in Amarillo, the Grand Canyon, Vegas, and some other campy stuff along the way.
                            Originally posted by lincolnboy
                            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Be sure and wave when you pass through this shit hole!

Comment

Working...
                              X