Anyone familiar with AFSC 1N1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone familiar with AFSC 1N1?

Air force or other, any familiarity with how this path promotes, how it staffs, pitfalls, etc?

Looks like mostly NIMA equivalents in various JICs. But then it might be something that mostly involves changing sensors in drones for newbs until you get to E5 or so. Just curious.

FYI, the AF recently released their 2011 stressed jobs list:

cryptolinguist is understressed and paracryptolinguist is way over. I wonder why, LOL!

Comment

No one? I know airmen don't have anything better to do all day than surf the net, especially the 1N powerpoint rangers.

But then again it requires TS so i guess that leaves out any board people

Comment

juan on juan?
        www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

It's the new chair force directive for gays in the military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassics View Post
            It's the new chair force directive for gays in the military.
            oh.... juan IN juan
            www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Bassics View Post
                Air force or other, any familiarity with how this path promotes, how it staffs, pitfalls, etc?

Looks like mostly NIMA equivalents in various JICs. But then it might be something that mostly involves changing sensors in drones for newbs until you get to E5 or so. Just curious.
                You would more than likely sit in some room looking at shitty pictures all day. The sensor changes are done by sensor or guidance and control people so I wouldn't worry about that.

Promotions change all the time based on what they need now so that's a tough one to figure out. More than likely you should make E-5 between your 4-5 year mark. I think I made it at around the 4 year mark and actually sewed on close to the 5 year mark, but I was an electronic warfare guy and after 9-11 a shit load of people signed up so that screwed things up.

Once you make it to Senior NCO status you must remember to cup the balls for further promotions...this is very important.

Comment

Absolutely, the cupping of the balls is a USN tradition. It isn't the actual cupping pressure but the off-hand supplementary technique, or so it seems.

I was checking it out and it would be right up my alley. My education and experience would probably set me up to commission in at O3 or better, if I were still young enough. I was looking into it with my son in mind. He might like 1U better, I dunno, looks like that is hot right now. May not be his thing at all though, just curious. Thanks for the input man, and best of luck on your future.

Comment

Working...
                  X