Worst purchase ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frank View Post
    How so? Are you still in it making payments? Beats rent. At least you have equity.

LOL, equity? Bought in 2006, right before the crash. Should be sold by the end of this week. Roughly 20-25k in remodel work. Selling for less than it was bought for.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      LOL, equity? Bought in 2006, right before the crash. Should be sold by the end of this week. Roughly 20-25k in remodel work. Selling for less than it was bought for.
      ouch.

Comment

Supercharged 06 Cobalt. The sunroof broke and stuck open 3 times, fuel gauge never worked correctly, it idled rough like it was going to stall, surged at 35-40mph in any gear all the time and the paint on the wheels was flaking off after a year. I bought it new and took it back to Jerry's and Moritz, both who told me the poor idle and surge were normal. The final straw was Moritz telling me I must have hit some rocks and chipped the paint on the wheels, not warranty. Yeah because I'm always rock crawling in a freaking Cobalt and that's whay they weren't gouged or scratched. I ended up taking a $7000 hit on that pile just to get out of of it.

My 85 Scirrocco in high school was also a POS but at least it had a reason. I beat the piss out of it constantly, when it'd start.

Comment

1994 jeep grand Cherokee. Went through two fuel pumps the first month of ownership before we realized that year model had an issue with the fuel lines.

Comment

Xbox 360 HD DVD player. There are 10 movies for it. Damn you blue ray.
            2012 GT500

Comment

1993 GT.. even though I sold it for more then i bought it for... there was a new problem every freaking week.
              www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

From financial standpoint, my 2000 Mitsu Montero (big one). It was the 2nd vehicle I financed, I did so with nothing down at an 11% +/- interest rate with a year of no payments.

By the time I made the first payment of ~$800 I had 60k miles and owed $37k on a vehicle with a trade in value of $12k. Gratefully, I was able to have it filed under the lemon law because the paint was shit and the thing was repainted 5 times. They fought like hell, but one of the service monkey's at Frank Parra reported several of the repaints to carfax, which asshole raped the value even further.

Mitsu then 'voluntarily repossessed' the truck. So I had to fight for about 2 years to get it off my credit. It's amazing how fast shit will disappear when you start sending certified letters to the home of the douchebag that runs the credit division.

Comment

skimpy sack of kush
                  Big Rooster Racing
                  85' Coupe
                  sigpic

Comment

06 Saab

Comment

97 mustang gt, HATED that thing.

Comment

You know, in hindsight I took it deep in the ass on our property. We bought in late 05 in the country when it was 'booming'. The house was shite but the land was gold. We dumped in nearly $40k. I walked out of closing with $119.

I would have been money ahead had I rented. Market sucks and doesn't appear to be getting better.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                          You know, in hindsight I took it deep in the ass on our property. We bought in late 05 in the country when it was 'booming'. The house was shite but the land was gold. We dumped in nearly $40k. I walked out of closing with $119.

I would have been money ahead had I rented. Market sucks and doesn't appear to be getting better.

I'm perfectly happy renting, and this is the first time in my life I've done it. In all reality, I will probably never own another piece of property unless I make it to retirement age. There aren't any upsides to owning, especially for a guy like me who has the constant need to "improve" everything.

Comment

I'm perfectly happy renting, and this is the first time in my life I've done it. In all reality, I will probably never own another piece of property unless I make it to retirement age. There aren't any upsides to owning, especially for a guy like me who has the constant need to "improve" everything.
                            Funny, this is the same line of thinking I've had lately. I'll buy some land in the mountains under a trust and build while I rent and pour my funds into that place. I may name the trust biological waste recycle trust or Fukushima Daiichi containment storage in an attempt to drive down property values.

Comment

Nitrous. It caused me to blow a motor and to run from the po po and land in the pokey.
                              Rachel McAdams nude pics

Comment

A 1994 Integra GS-R take out motor from Hi-Way Auto Salvage back in 1998.

Comment

Working...
                                X