Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some help from someone who LOVES and KNOWS how to work on fox bodies...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help from someone who LOVES and KNOWS how to work on fox bodies...

Ok... long story short:

When my Brother passed away, he left me his 2 fox bodies. One runs and everything, the other he was in the process of working on. I know it ran at one point, and I know its had some engine work... but to what extent I'm not sure.

From what I can tell (and I'm not all that great with cars), the rear end was dropped but still sitting under the car. I'd bet there are some nick-nack things that need to be done to get it running also.

So anyway, I inherited these cars, but I don't know enough about working on them to get it running alone. I also live 6 hours away (im in Little Rock, he was in Watauga). The car is still in his garage, but sometime over the next few months I'd like to spend a day or two on the weekends every few weeks working on it to get it running so it can be moved some day.

Now, I'm sure there are some ppl that would help me and charge me by the hour... and I have no problem paying, but I'm not rich... nor do I have any idea how long it will take, so by the hour wont work for me.

I also have some trust issues... I know how fast these fox bodies dissapear (had my pride and joy '91 GT stolen a while back). This car coming from my brother has a pretty significant sentimental value to me... so I want to do things right, with someone that I can trust isn't going to steal the damn thing while Im out of town... the same thing goes for all of his tools which he left me as well.

Any suggestions guys? Am I way out of line to think I will find someone that would invest that kind of time for a complete stranger? I'd be there helping of course, and I'd love to learn some of this stuff... so I'm not asking someone to do 100%...

i live right down the road from watauga and am friends with a few guys that have their own shop and have been working on fox bodies for over 10 years. im sure they(we) could help. i have a couple stangs and they have several so we wouldnt need to steal yours.

Comment

are they four eyes?

Comment

Do not trust this lying son of a bitch Jacob he is a fag and he knows it.

Comment

Originally posted by TEAM EDWARD View Post
          lol

Comment

And who the hell are you again?
            Wanna see my care face???

Comment

So you are working on it in Watauga? I live pretty close. Im not experienced in Foxbodies whatsoever, but Im pretty handy with a wrench (aviation mechanic experience) and wouldnt mind learning as well. If I am not on the road for work I am down. Once again sorry about your brother! Will be neat to have a peice of him with you with the Foxbody though

Comment

i was serious also. you can meet us on a saturday at the gtg up here on beach and western center.

Comment

So what are you wanting to do? You've got 2 fox bodies, but only 1 runs? So you need the other one worked on? Am I reading that right?

Any idea what else the car needs besides bolting up the rearend again? Forgive me if you posted it already, I just kinda scanned through the first post....

I'd love to come give you a hand whenever you come in town. I don't want any money or anything. I just like to help out and work on cars.
                  --Marcus

Comment

Lol @ team Edward
                    Originally posted by Nash B.
                    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Working...
                    X