• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
    Yea just wait until they are 17 and think they know everything-
    Guilty. I'm also invincible.
    2012 GT500

Comment

I gotta stop reading this damn threads haha.
      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        About to be 15 months.

I noticed it this morning. He will waive by and blow kisses to everyone when he leaves with me, but if I am leaving him he just looks away.

I am wondering if it is because I always drop him off at daycare.
        I'm the one that always drops my daughter off at daycare also. I think they are just afraid you aren't coming back. Hopefully it will pass & he'll understand soon. My daughter was so bad that I couldn't even take a shower when she was awake, I had to wait until she was asleep. Now she's becoming a daddy's girl, so I get a break sometimes!

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          Supposedly. Kenny is an angel though. Huge heart, sensitive, caring, etc. He never gets in any big trouble, and very rarely warrants an ass whipping. For someone so much like his father in so many ways, I don't see him ever turning out like I was through my teenage years. I bet I get it twice as bad with my daughter though. She's sweet and loving too, but has a mean streak and spirit that can make even me blush.
          My daughter has been a great kid so far. It's the teenage years I'm worried about LOL.
          See you later...

Comment

Man, this thread isn't making these 12 hour days at work any easier. I'm glad today is the last one. I haven't gotten to see my son while he's awake since early Monday morning. He did leave me with a little gift Monday morning to help pass these last few days. When I leaned over his crib to check on him I expected to find him sleeping as usual, but instead he was laying there wide awake just hanging out and as soon as he saw me he gave me a big grin and a long, quiet coo like he was saying "Well, hi there, daddy." It was tough leaving him knowing I wouldn't get to see that big grin he always gives me for a few days.

Comment

I like kids the same way I like dogs - other peoples.

Between the loss of freedom and the 250k they say it takes to raise one, I'm gonna have to pass.

Comment

One of my twins found a pair of scissors yesterday morning and cut most of her hair off before I caught her. She just got enough hair to be put up into a ponytail and it is five days until we do easter pics. The first trip to the hairdresser with one of my girls was really fun. Except for the part where I had to ask "can you fix this?" I play bad cop around here so I was super happy to be able to have a first with her. I missed allot when they were little due to working to much.
                Originally posted by Sean88gt
                As always, my criticisms should never be taken as if I wouldn't go balls deep in it.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                  Just had to have my 5 year old daughter peeled off of me so she could go to bed, and it took the promise of "kung fu fighting" in the morning to get her to release her grip.

I'm teaching her joint locks and to keep her elbows in for punching.

I get to wake up to a delighted little girl who's heart is set on playing with her daddy.

Damn I'm lucky!

How 'bout you?
                  I'm extremely blessed as well Blake! My eldest child turns 12 this Saturday and what he wants more than anything is a day at the museum together. His brothers are BUMMED that it's not a trip to six flags or something, but it's just giving them the moments they desire with us, and letting them know that we also desire time with them, that bonds our relationships.

Every single day I'm gifted with some form of expression of love and appreciation from my boys. They leave me notes all over the house, make my morning supplement shakes (sometimes) or cereal, random hugs all day long, they work hard to keep up their chores and are always looking for something to do to help me out. They truly find joy in positive feedback and praise from me... so I search for every possible opportunity to make good on that
                  Originally posted by Vertnut
                  I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Kids are a trip. Could not imagine my life with them in the beginning, can't imagine life without them now. I have teenage years coming up this year, wish me luck!

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
                      Between the loss of freedom and the 250k they say it takes to raise one, I'm gonna have to pass.
                      I think that number is a little on the low side. I've heard close to 1 mil by the time you get them through college.

Comment

Came home yesterday after a 5 day trip. Got the Hollywood moment coming in the door, "Dadddeeeeeeeeeeee" from my 8 yr old girl and 5 yr old boy followed by the running and slamming into me with the bear hugs.

'Nuff said.
                        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                          Came home yesterday after a 5 day trip. Got the Hollywood moment coming in the door, "Dadddeeeeeeeeeeee" from my 8 yr old girl and 5 yr old boy followed by the running and slamming into me with the bear hugs.

'Nuff said.
                          Had that same experience at the airport a few times. The looks on peoples faces was amazing. I think I saw a couple of old women crying too. If only we could bottle that feel'n up, we'd be wealthy MANY times over.
                          Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                          There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
                            I like kids the same way I like dogs - other peoples.

It's not as bad as you might think it is. lol

What you get in return doesn't even remotely compare to what you're assuming you lose which isn't even true. You don't lose your freedom, the only thing you lose is your right to be irresponsible. Other than that I don't see losing anything, but gaining the love of your life that will never compare to anything else in this world.

Emma is 2 1/2 years old now and she is amazing. Such a sweet, quiet little angel and so much fun to boot. I wouldn't trade her for anything in this world.

Comment

i like reading a thread like this after finding out a couple weeks ago my wife is pregnant with our first. Hope to have stories like these to add in the future.
                              2007 Silverado CC
                              1970 Mustang Coupe

True Street Motorsports. 972-542-9886

Comment

This thread truly brings tears to my eyes. I am NOT a parent. But I have felt being a parent before. I am 32 and hope to God that he at least gives me the opportunity to have just 1 child of my own. I know that I am years away from that since I am in school trying to get my life/career back in order. But until then I will keep praying for that opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                                X