No announcement yet.

The warm & fuzzy parent thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like I won't be having kids in this lifetime. Danny owes me $100!

Comment

My 19 month old daughter just started calling me "mommy" instead of "mama." Needless to say she get what she wants when that happens. My favorite is when it gets close to bed time she will curl up on the couch with me and lay on my chest. She is starting to weigh too much for that so I'm trying to soak it up as much as i can.
      See you later...

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon88 View Post
        I think all kids are punks at some point. I just hope mine aren't too bad.

I have a 14 year old - almost 15. He's REALLY trying my patience right now. I wouldn't say he's being a punk, but he's just being a dumbass when it comes to personal responsibility. Every morning I pray for the strength to deal with his shenanigans.

Comment

I'm SOOOO not looking forward to that time in my kid's life. Mainly because of my own past.... :$
          Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
          There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

My little girl taking her first drive.

Comment

Originally posted by stinginstang View Post
              I have a 14 year old - almost 15. He's REALLY trying my patience right now. I wouldn't say he's being a punk, but he's just being a dumbass when it comes to personal responsibility. Every morning I pray for the strength to deal with his shenanigans.

Yea just wait until they are 17 and think they know everything- they are so ready to fly the coup only to realize how good they really have it. I have 3 teenagers at home now and the attitudes can be trying at times- but its all good I wouldn't change anything.

My 22 yr old daughter was over last night with her 4yr old and it was a blast from the past interacting with him and remembering when my daughter did the same kind of stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post

My little girl taking her first drive.
                HA! Same "basic" shot. Just older models.

Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                  I'm SOOOO not looking forward to that time in my kid's life. Mainly because of my own past.... :$
                  They say you end up getting paid back for the hell you gave your own parents. I'm in LOTS trouble...
                  See you later...

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post

My 22 yr old daughter was over last night with her 4yr old and it was a blast from the past interacting with him and remembering when my daughter did the same kind of stuff.
                    Pics?
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      Pics?
                      So wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ImayBblack View Post
                        They say you end up getting paid back for the hell you gave your own parents. I'm in LOTS trouble...
                        Supposedly. Kenny is an angel though. Huge heart, sensitive, caring, etc. He never gets in any big trouble, and very rarely warrants an ass whipping. For someone so much like his father in so many ways, I don't see him ever turning out like I was through my teenage years. I bet I get it twice as bad with my daughter though. She's sweet and loving too, but has a mean streak and spirit that can make even me blush.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I make it a point to play with my son every night before bed. Yesterday we played in the front yard with his spiderman ball and his four wheeler.

Sucked this morning. The wife was feeding him and he started crying when I was leaving.

I noticed I am the only person he DOESN'T say bye to. He just stares away when I leave.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                            I make it a point to play with my son every night before bed. Yesterday we played in the front yard with his spiderman ball and his four wheeler.

Sucked this morning. The wife was feeding him and he started crying when I was leaving.

I noticed I am the only person he DOESN'T say bye to. He just stares away when I leave.
                            How old is he? My daughter was super clingy until just recently (sometimes still is.) She's 3 now & hopefully growing out of some of the separation anxiety. One day he will realize that you will be back & aren't leaving for good. I think that's what they're afraid of.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                              HA! Same "basic" shot. Just older models.

Lol. Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Laura07 View Post
                                How old is he? My daughter was super clingy until just recently (sometimes still is.) She's 3 now & hopefully growing out of some of the separation anxiety. One day he will realize that you will be back & aren't leaving for good. I think that's what they're afraid of.
                                About to be 15 months.

I noticed it this morning. He will waive by and blow kisses to everyone when he leaves with me, but if I am leaving him he just looks away.

I am wondering if it is because I always drop him off at daycare.

Comment

Working...
                                X