The warm & fuzzy parent thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The warm & fuzzy parent thread

Just had to have my 5 year old daughter peeled off of me so she could go to bed, and it took the promise of "kung fu fighting" in the morning to get her to release her grip.

I'm teaching her joint locks and to keep her elbows in for punching.

I get to wake up to a delighted little girl who's heart is set on playing with her daddy.

Damn I'm lucky!

How 'bout you?

I just put my Daughter AND my Son to bed. Both promising to wake me early in the morning, before school, for our daily walk.
    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
      I just put my Daughter AND my Son to bed. Both promising to wake me early in the morning, before school, for our daily walk.
      Nice!

She goes for a run with me once in a while. She can hang for a little over a mile, then starts lagging behind, picking "flowers". (pretty weeds) lol

Comment

Just finished tucking my son (18 months) in bed a few minutes ago. I'm sure he'll make it hard leaving for work in the morning. Etanding in front of the door, or trying to sneak out behind me.
        Last edited by Mike; 04-12-2011, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Just put our 4 year old to bed and he assured me I don't work Wednesdays anymore and we can feed the ducks and have a picnic with mommy all day, lol. I wish!
          Originally posted by Nash B.
          Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

kids are a major buzz kill

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post

I put my 3 yo nephew to bed at 9pm every night. He comes and wakes me around 7:30am, "hi uncle, is it time to wake up?" We snooze for another 30 minutes before we get ready to head out to daycare.
              Originally posted by talisman
              I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
              Originally posted by AdamLX
              If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              Because fuck you, that's why
              Originally posted by 80coupe
              nice dick, Idrivea4banger
              Originally posted by Rick Modena
              ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
              Originally posted by Jester
              Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post

Comment

I'm sure your parents thought that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon88 View Post
                    I'm sure your parents thought that too.
                    no doubt! i was a little asshole

Comment

no doubt! i'm a little asshole
                      Fixed

Comment

no doubt! i was a little asshole
                        I think all kids are punks at some point. I just hope mine aren't too bad.

Comment

kids are alright, besides the fact of giving up complete freedom if you're any sort of responsible parent.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post

I get to wake up to a delighted little girl who's heart is set on playing with her daddy.

Damn I'm lucky!

How 'bout you?
                            Me?
                            Yes. Very lucky.

Been there, done that and enjoyed every minute of it.
                            Too bad they grow up so fast.

Blake, if I could offer one bit of experienced knowledge - it's the little things she'll remember the most, very much like what you just posted.
                            My daughter still to this day remembers a small little white stuffed bear I brought home to her one night. She asked where If found it so I told her that it was lost and didn't have a place to sleep tonight, and asked her if it could sleep in her bed with her. She felt so sorry for the little bear that she had tears in her eyes.

She still has that bear today.

Little things!

David

Comment

I think you dont know love till you have your own little one. There's two types of people. People with kids or people without. People who dont have kids, just dont understand the love you can have for your little one. I have a friend who has two dogs that he loves dearly and he calls him his kids. I tell him, you dont understand. I was the same way, my dogs were my kids, but when you actually have kids, its a whole other level. Kids FTW!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X