Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Witnessed Bike Wreck today and gotta say..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Witnessed Bike Wreck today and gotta say..

Anyone riding a motorcycle around DFW has balls of steel. There is no way in hell I would trust my life to these idiots on the road. Consider me a pussy who wants to not die or even worse be paralyzed because someone didn't see me there.

We were coming back from lunch today and was stuck at the light to take a left to go east on highway 10 off Norwood in Hurst. I heard someone get on there bike pretty good and look up and point my coworker to check out a nice ass street bike darting east on 10. He wasn't hauling too much ass but speed limit there is about 45 and I'd guess he was at about 55 - 60 at the point he came to the same intersection.

There were cars in both turn lanes east and west on 10 and he was headed east. The lady in the SUV facing west decided to start inching out into the first lane of oncoming since she couldn't see around the truck in the east facing turn lane. Well she didn't see him and decided to start going right at the time he entered the intersection. So then there was a huge pop followed by this guy and the bikes rear end flying into the air and rolling with each other for about 50 yards.

That was not fun to watch and luckily the guy got up a bit stunned and stumbled over to the curb. The bike is totaled, hell the front of the SUV looked like crap. So glad to see dude alive, and at least he was wearing a helmet and riding jacket. Could of been worse for sure.

So I hope it's none of you guys on here and those of you who do ride take care. Doesn't seem those around you are very well.

Wow that's crazy, and proof that women still can't drive
    Originally posted by Vertnut
    I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Damn cagers

Comment

It is scary for sure, but they teach this stuff in the motorcycle safety course. Intersections are some of the most dangerous places on a bike and you are supposed to position yourself to avoid things like this. I am in no way saying the lady wasn't at fault but you have to take extra precautions like this on a bike.
        Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

I was thinking a while ago that if that were me I'd try to at least be over in the middle lane to give me time to see someone coming out. Not that I would likely do that at every intersection.

I am sure there are just as many males that would start inching out there to see if they could go. After years of going down Cooper St in Arlington and seeing so many wrecks from people letting others cross in front of them blind to the other lanes, I try to never turn blindly. I'd rather just catch another light.

Comment

Originally posted by 94form2000z View Post
            I was thinking a while ago that if that were me I'd try to at least be over in the middle lane to give me time to see someone coming out. Not that I would likely do that at every intersection.

I am sure there are just as many males that would start inching out there to see if they could go. After years of going down Cooper St in Arlington and seeing so many wrecks from people letting others cross in front of them blind to the other lanes, I try to never turn blindly. I'd rather just catch another light.
            I would always try and be in the middle lane or left lane, unless there was someone driving on the other side wanting to turn left, then I would be in the middle lane most likely.

Was this lady on the phone? I think there needs to be stronger actions taken when an accident involves a cell phone ie texting or talking... I drove home the other day and noticed about 75% of people driving either texting or talking on their phone..
            Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Probably talking on the phone, putting on make up, and eating... at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                I would always try and be in the middle lane or left lane, unless there was someone driving on the other side wanting to turn left, then I would be in the middle lane most likely.

Was this lady on the phone?
                Not that I could tell. We really didn't look at her. The bikes noise got our attention and we were kinda following it when BAM! She was turned away at that point plus we were watching him roll saying Oh Shit!

I think she just made a bad decision and fortunately it didn't cost the guy his life or limb.

Comment

Originally posted by MutherjuggZ View Post
                  Wow that's crazy, and proof that women still can't drive
                  DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
                    Probably talking on the phone, putting on make up, and eating... at the same time.
                    You be careful out there bro.

Comment

Not that I could tell. We really didn't look at her. The bikes noise got our attention and we were kinda following it when BAM! She was turned away at that point plus we were watching him roll saying Oh Shit!

I think she just made a bad decision and fortunately it didn't cost the guy his life or limb.
                      I am asking because if you heard him wtf was she doing that she couldn't?

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                        I am asking because if you heard him wtf was she doing that she couldn't?
                        Her windows up and completely blind to him even if she heard it.

Mine were down and radio off at that point.

Comment

You be careful out there bro.
                          For sure. I don't ride a whole lot and i'd like to say if I was in that position I wouldn't be in the right lane, but shit happens.

If I see anyone creeping at all I will get out of the way.

Comment

Her windows up and completely blind to him even if she heard it.

Mine were down and radio off at that point.
                            I still don't buy it! I am still willing to bet she was distracted by something else.

Comment

I am sure there are just as many males that would start inching out there to see if they could go.
                              Quit defending women. I promise they can't drive. Trust me. I'm one of em.
                              Originally posted by Vertnut
                              I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Working...
                              X