Buying a newish car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a newish car...

So I recently realized that my girlfriend owes almost double what her car is worth and it will only get worse from here; so I have decided to get a new/used car.

She is looking at Nissan Altima' and Maxima' but before we jump into anything (we have already been looking) I figured I would see if anyone on here knows of a good stealership or salesperson that they would recommend. I looked in the advertisers section but didn't see anyone I would be interested in and Ford really doesn't have anything out there along the lines of what she is looking for.

By the way, anyone thinking we would be upside down don't bother, the car is under a family members name and they have stated they are willing to take over the car if we find something else so essentially we are clear and free.
    Originally posted by Sean88gt
    You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
    Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
    You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

skip at grapevine ford.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

the car is under a family members name and they have stated they are willing to take over the car if we find something else so essentially we are clear and free.

This does not compute with family members.

Comment

This has bad news written all over it.
        Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

I would see how much of a loan you can get with your bank/credit union/etc.. That would dictate your budget for a newer used car.

She could go to a dealership, but you guys are just going to be in the same situation you're in now in 2 years.
          WRX

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            the car is under a family members name and they have stated they are willing to take over the car if we find something else so essentially we are clear and free.

This does not compute with family members.
            We have already discussed this and quite frankly, they chose this car for her and they chose to pay 23k for a 2009 Kia Spectra.
            So I chose to make them take their car back and I chose to do it in a way in which I am trying to be respectful. I already had a 2hr conversation with her mom in which she asked me " how can I protect myself?"....All I could think was and also what I told her was " You could have picked a better car and actually negotiated a price that was fair to you and your daughter".

Yeah I dont play games and honestly I am only trying to be nice out of courtesy to my girlfriend. I may be in the same boat in 2 years but at least it isnt a damn Kia
            You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
            You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

[QUOTE=mustang_revival;198291]I would see how much of a loan you can get with your bank/credit union/etc.. That would dictate your budget for a newer used car.[\QUOTE]

Yeah I have already started to apply but honestly i have about an extra 1k a month for a car so 4-6 hundred in a car payment is no problem when I am already paying 388 a month for a Kia that is only worth 7500 trade in

Comment

PM sent with Contact information for Jeff Armstrong at Don Davis Nissan in Arlington.
                www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

I'm consued, are you making the payments on this car or is your g/f? Were you involved in the agreement when this car was purchased for her???

Comment

What a cluster. $23k on a 2009 Spectra. $388/month. making payments for gf? dumping the car on her mom? looking for another car? applying for a loan for gf or on behalf of gf?
                    Ford
                    GM
                    Toyota
                    VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                      What a cluster. $23k on a 2009 Spectra. $388/month. making payments for gf? dumping the car on her mom? looking for another car? applying for a loan for gf or on behalf of gf?
                      How old is your girlfriend?

Why didn't she buy her own car the first time around?

Why isn't she buying her own car now?

How hot is this girl that you're willing to drop at least 400 premarital dollars a month on her? Pics for reference.
                      Last edited by clevelandkid; 04-12-2011, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
                        How old is your girlfriend?

Why didn't she buy her own car the first time around?

Why isn't she buying her own car now?

How hot is this girl that it you're willing to drop at least 400 premarital dollars a month on her? Pics for reference.
                        Why are the first 3 even relevant?
                        www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                          Why are the first 3 even relevant?
                          because the answers can can show a pattern of poor choices, inability to follow through, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                            because the answers can can show a pattern of poor choices, inability to follow through, etc.
                            I think my choice of the #3 flew over your head. But honestly why is it any of our business?

edit : compare questions 1-3 to 4 and 5
                            www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Buy high and sell at auction prices!

Comment

Working...
                              X