150 years ago: The United States goes to war with itself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowLX View Post
    It's only Tuesday you're going to go mental spending another 4 days in Indiana haha

Comment

If anyone wants to entertain the dumbass notions of what would have happened if the south had won, you can read Harry Turtledove's books "The Guns of the South" and "How Few Remain". Both are alternative history about circumstances where the South would win. Although the former book is more a sci-fi yarn with time traveling fascists (and AK-47s) and the latter is just what might have happened if Lee's plans hadn't been intercepted by the union and McClellan was suprised at Antietam. The second book leads into a series I have not read where there is a second civil war, the Yankees side with the Germans in WWI and from there, it just gets more bizarre the further you go.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Originally posted by racrguy
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Crazy that nobody died at Fort Sumter (except for a confederate horse).

I have always been fascinated by the Civil War. If it weren't for those damn yankees I would be sitting on the porch of my great-great grandfather's plantation stroking my glorious mustache.
        Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
          Ah, if only the Confederacy would have won...
          And thank god that they didn't.

Comment

I have visited several battlefields. For me it is very sad to see all the graves and read about the conflicts knowing we were fighting ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Racewerx View Post
              I have visited several battlefields. For me it is very sad to see all the graves and read about the conflicts knowing we were fighting ourselves.
              At some point we all have to stand up and fight for what we believe.
              We all have to take a stand and only time and history will tell if we were
              on the right side of the battle. Victory will never come without sacrifice.
              God bless them all.

Comment

Working...
              X